Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    pjwylie's Avatar
    pjwylie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Aug 25, 2005, 10:06 AM
    Child Support
    My divorce decree states that my ex-husband was to pay child support to my child school. He was not paying the tuition and I could no longer afford to pay it so I took my child out of private school. My ex-husband randomly pays support and nowhere near what the court order stipulated. Can I get the order changed and also get back child support?
    fredg's Avatar
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

    Aug 27, 2005, 02:48 AM
    Child Support
    Your husband was paying child support to the SCHOOL? Not you?
    Was he supposed to pay for the tuition also?
    I suggest getting a lawer, to answer your questions, and go back to court with you.
    Best of luck,
    s_cianci's Avatar
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

    Aug 31, 2005, 05:21 PM
    Is your ex-husband self-employed? If not, then it is highly irregular that his support payments are not directly withheld from his earnings and forwarded to you. You may want to file a motion to have the original support order modified to include this provision. Also it is questionable as to why support payments would be made to a school instead of you ; I presume that this was a boarding school? Of course, as the custodial parent, if you chose to use the support money received to pay tuition for your child at a private school , that's certainly your perrogative. As unusual as such an arrangement is, if your child's school was in fact the obligee of record for a period, then you are not entitled to any support money for the period that payments were made to the school instead of you. If you are the primary custodial caregiver of your child and another party is receiving the support payments, then you need to petition the court to change this as well. Keep in mind that in determining a fair amount of child support to be awarded the judge is not likely to consider private school tuition a compelling expense inasmuch as free public schooling is readily available.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support for child out of wedlock [ 8 Answers ]

My friend has been dating a man who is a millionaire(really) for two years. He is married and has two kids with wife. He has been financially supporting her all this time. Her role was to be available to jet set the world with him at a moments notice and of course look good and sleep with him. ...

Child support [ 15 Answers ]

Could someone please explain to me what child support is to be used for

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child Support [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my husband has 2 kids from a previous marriage, we pay child support on time, which is 30% of my husbands net income. However his ex earns a lot more than he does and has a lot less financial responsibilities compared to us as she lives for free with her parents who take care of everything. We...

Child support? [ 9 Answers ]

I have had this question on my mind for a while now, so I thought I would ask it and hope someone here knows the answer. Hypothetically, lets say I got this random girl at a party pregnant. Letís say I have no interest in being a father. Could I sign away all my rights as a father and...

View more questions Search