Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !

    Can the guardian get temporary guardianship notarized across state lines?

    Asked Feb 23, 2014, 04:20 PM 1 Answer
    My grand daughter lives with me since her mom (my daughter) died. Her dad lives in CA and I live in NV. She recently starting having health issues and we need a temporary guardianship paper notarized so I get her the help she needs when we can't reach the dad. If I go to CA where he lives, with paperwork needed to be notarized, and the paperwork says state of NV, can we get it notarized and be OK here in NV to use?

    Last edited by talaniman; Feb 23, 2014 at 04:31 PM.
    Search this Question
    Share |
    1 Answer
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,972, Reputation: 6054
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Feb 23, 2014, 04:43 PM

    Why does dad not have custody?

    But yes, if he signs the document in front of a CA notary it should be accepted by NV

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If was given temporary guardianship how can I give it over to someone else? [ 1 Answers ]

I was given temporary guardianship over my nephew, by my mother whom since has expired and my guardianship papers has expired. My nephew brother want to take over guardianship. How can this be done without making this a court matter?

Temporary guardianship form for an unborn child [ 3 Answers ]

I am going to prison and I wam pregnant I want to know what paper work do I need for my sister to have temporary guardian ship until I get released

Temporary guardianship.. [ 9 Answers ]

I am 16 and I am wondering where I can find potential guardians for my unborn son. I am looking for someone to take over for about a year.. I don't think my family is an option..

Signing over temporary guardianship to an unborn child [ 18 Answers ]

My son has been told he is the father of an unborn child. The maternal grandmother wants him and the underage mother of the child to sign over temporary guardianship to her. My question is this: How can my son sign over guardianship of a child that has not legally been determined is his through...

View more questions Search