Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    sxichayo's Avatar
    sxichayo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 7, 2008, 08:17 PM
    Brother is unmarried and his kids mother want to take kids away
    Can his live in girlfriend or EX now take away his kids from him if there in a stable environment and she is leaving my brother for another man in another city and a sex offender at that? My brother has them in his care as we speak can she go to his house and walk out of there with them. They are not married but have to kids. One is 2 and the other is 1. What does he do he is so lost and not familiar with his rights? We all are not sure we need help asap. This is happening as I type.
    Izannah's Avatar
    Izannah Posts: 125, Reputation: 18
    Junior Member

    Apr 7, 2008, 08:25 PM
    Does he have legal custody of the kids though court? If so, she cannot just "take the kids," she would have to go back to court to get the custody changed. If the new guy really is a sex offender and is registered, I can't see a judge okaying the move.
    N0help4u's Avatar
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

    Apr 7, 2008, 08:26 PM
    He needs to go to family court and let them know that she left them in his custody and he wants full rights. I am not sure what he can do asap other than change the locks. He can notify the police too since the boyfriend is a sex offender.
    blackmon2rich's Avatar
    blackmon2rich Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Aug 2, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Your brother needs to protect his kids from his ex and her new love Go back to court go before the judge and let the world know that we will not allow sex offenders to hurt our kids but the way it sounds your brother has his sis looking out for him. Your brother and has kids are in my prayers and good luck
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,302, Reputation: 7692

    Aug 2, 2008, 05:28 PM
    They will need to go to court and get a order of custody
    isabelle's Avatar
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31
    Full Member

    Aug 2, 2008, 07:03 PM
    In my state psychical custody means everything unless she has court orders. She can not come into his home and take the kids. I don't think they would be outside alone for her to snatch them. You need to get temporary emergency legal custody before she does. Then the fight will begin, but until it is settled the kids will be with daddy.
    I can't see any judge giving custody to a lady living with a child molester, but you never know, Get a lawyer, as in yesterday.
    I am no lawyer, but my son has custody of his daughter and has had her for 10 years. His situation was a lot like yours. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Mother-in-law treats my kids different [ 9 Answers ]

My mother-in-law treats my children different than she treats her bio grandchildren. I have been married to my husband for 9 years and together for 10 years and last christmas one of my sister in laws came up to me at a christmas party and asked " what was your daughters name again?"I thought that...

Kids are US Citizens, but Mother is not... [ 1 Answers ]

I have a young man (age 7) who is in my Boyscout Den. I called his home recently to remind him of when our meetings would start this fall. His father a US Citizen let me know that his mother (England Citizenship) took him and his sister (age 4) to England without his consent and says that she...

View more questions Search