Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    knjbrown's Avatar
    knjbrown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Aug 19, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Adding father to birth certificate after 6 years
    Our daughter was born in Florida and her father and I now live on Colorado. How do we go about adding him to the birth certificate even though it has been 6 years?
    AmyShallFind's Avatar
    AmyShallFind Posts: 33, Reputation: 1
    Junior Member

    Aug 20, 2008, 06:24 PM
    I'm not sure about Colorado or Florida, but here in Nebraska, the father would need to prove paternity (they allow so much time to pass before requiring this), file the paperwork and pay a fee. The best route is to contact the Vital Records Bureau in Florida and ask them. They should be able to tell you what would need to be done, such as if proving paternity is needed or if it is just a matter of filing out paperwork and paying a fee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding father name to child birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

I want to add my son's father name to his birth certificate. And I also want to add on father's last name to my son. When already had an DNA test done and it was determine that he was the father. How do I go about doing this?

Adding name to birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

How do I have my name put on my daughter's birth certificate? Paternity was acknowledged at her time of birth, the mother and I were never legally married, my daughter does have my last name yet on birth certificate, yet it states 'Information not Entered'. I do not understand how it can state...

Adoption and adding adopted father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting married in a few weeks and my soon to be husband is wanting to adopt my son. My son's birth certificate doesn't have a father's name on there, just mine. I was wondering if my husband's name could be added on to my son's birth certificate. I appreciate anyone's help. Thanks!

Changing child's Name and adding Father to Birth Certificate- Texas [ 5 Answers ]

I am the father of a 3 year old son. My name was not put on the birth certificate. His mother has since died and I gained full custody through court. I had to submit a DNA to prove I was the father to get custody. My question is this, how can I get my name on his birth certificate and have his...

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

View more questions Search