Why does it hurt every time I insert a tampon?

Asked Oct 9, 2008, 08:18 AM 21 Answers
    I started my periods when I was 14. I started using pads, but wanted to progress to Tampons. I tried a few times and it really hurt. I finally got one in, it hurt at first, but after it was in place, I was fine.
    I though, after inserting the first one, it wouldn't hurt after that. But I was wrong.
    Every single period that I have now, I insert a tampon, I get such a sharp pain in my lower stomach as I am pushing the applicator, but once it is in, its fine!

I don't understand.
    I thought it was because I haven't had sex yet.
    But I've put tampons in before, so I thought that the more times I did it, the less it would hurt.
    I always relax when I am doing it, but it doesn't seem to help.

Any suggestions?
    Please send some advice, I don't know what to do. Could there be a problem?!

Last edited by Curlyben; Oct 9, 2008 at 08:24 AM.
    Search this Question
    IVORY12's Avatar
    IVORY12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

#21

Oct 31, 2012, 11:49 AM
    If you have heavy periods don't use smaller ones too.
    JessieGlen's Avatar
    JessieGlen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

#22

Jan 6, 2013, 11:26 AM
    My first time using a tampon, it hurt but then finally stopped. The first time I decided to use a tampon , it was during the summer and I was going to a pool party. I put it in but somehow I didn't put it in all the way.. The first dip into the pool the tampon expanded and stretched my "hole" and if I were you I would just stick to pads until you know how to use a tampon properly!

If your hymen already broke will your first time still hurt? [ 16 Answers ]

Okay, now I'm kind of confused I tink mi hymen broke before cause when I was 13 I remember going to the bathroom and seeing blood in my panties, but it wasn't my period because it only lasted 1day, people told me that its going to hurt regardless if your hymen broke or not because its UR FIRST...

Is it going to hurt as much next time? [ 2 Answers ]

Ive been with my boyfriend for about 4 months, and we were seeing each other for about 2 months before that but we would couldn't make official because of I was seeing someelse, who cheated on me and we stayed together for about a month after but anyway, I hadn't done anything but Finger and toss...

Cannot insert tampon [ 4 Answers ]

I have a question about tampons. I am 14 years old and a freshman in high school and I have had my period for about 2 years. I have a very heavy flow and I have never been able to insert a tampon and it is extremely frustrating. I have gone through many different brands and nothing ever works. I...

Does having sex for the first time hurt? [ 31 Answers ]

- - -> Does having sex for the first time hurt? I'm so terrified that'll it will hurt that I've managed to keep my boyfriend off me for the time being, I'm just wondering if someone could describe the amount of pain a women goes through? No detail's lol I'm just terrified and would like to know....