Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kezzy5 Posts: 212, Reputation: 4

Mar 6, 2015, 11:54 AM
    Really tired!
    Why? I have gone to sleep for the 2 days 9:30 pm and last night 8:30 pm, but I'm so tired and have been since 2:30pm today, in the middle of the day it stops me from being able to do anything.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 6, 2015, 11:57 AM
    It all goes back to your eating disorder. You have to put fuel in your body to have energy.

Mar 6, 2015, 12:01 PM
    But I have been eating around 1000 calories a day within 3 meals a day and have done this for couple of days now?

Mar 6, 2015, 12:14 PM
    Sorry! As I am in college I get up at 7:00am and Wednesday I eat a toasted tea cake in the morning, then a pot noodle at lunch and few snacks but no dinner that came to 1139 calories but lost 645 calories due to exercise, Thursday I had toaste tea cake, pasty, chicken and gravy pie vegetables and mash for dinner and a yogurt go bar, and it came to 1,385 calories and lost 300 calories in exercise and today I bowl of cereal, then for lunch a chocolate bar and packet of crisps and few biscuits, then tea which was fish cakes, beans and potatoes. This came to 1123 calories but lost 350 due to execies.
    Expert

Mar 6, 2015, 12:39 PM
    1000 calories per day isn't enough to sustain you. You need at LEAST 1,500 calories per day of the proper food groups.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 6, 2015, 12:44 PM
    What is all the exercise about? What are you doing to exercise?

Eat more fruits, vegetables, and meats. Skip the snacky stuff. Graze throughout the day.

Like J-9 said, you need to take in more good calories. Do you take a multiple vitamin every day, too?
    Expert

Mar 6, 2015, 12:49 PM
    Parents should never have to bury their children. Kezzy, if you maintain this diet and exercise program, your parents will be planning your funeral.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 6, 2015, 01:46 PM
    I get tired too, and I trace it to not enough protein. I tend to eat bread-type foods instead of an egg and a yogurt.

Aren't you on medication? What and how much?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 6, 2015, 01:47 PM
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. You have an eating disorder. You need to seek treatment or you are going to die, and not when your 80+ but before you're 40. You're abusing your body during a period in your life when you need to be giving it some extra love and care. You've got a skewed self image and it is causing you to do things to your body that will be hard to be undone. Go to a doctor and talk to a nutritionist. Go to a shrink and figure out your other issues. You know you're unwell, you need to take the next step and do something about or you're going to have a miserable life. The kicker is that you'll be the only one that can be to blame.

We can honestly only tell you this so many times. If you continue to ignore all the wonderful advice that is given to you then life isn't going to get better. Make the choice.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2015, 02:02 PM
    If you aren't eating well, and taking care of yourself, why are you surprised that you don't feel so good? Kezzy, you know what you need to do. As CravenMorhead said, only you can follow through on it. You have to want to make changes enough to seek the help that you may need, if you can't make the necessary changes on your own.

You may be going to bed fairly early, but that doesn't mean that you are getting quality sleep... and it only takes a few nights of poor sleep to change how you feel during the day. It is not uncommon to have a slump in the afternoon, many people do, but that is your body's way of telling you that you need to make some changes.

Mar 7, 2015, 12:27 AM
    Okay thank you, and yeah I am seeing CAMHS next month. And exercise is just walking in general and dance. And yeah medication is antidepresents 40ml a day and the pill. Okay I'm going to try eat more and be more healthy. And I have tired the last couple of days as before I was only having 800-900 calories a day. Just need to make more of an effort. Thank you for all your good advice.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2015, 02:51 AM
    As everyone is saying, you need more and a balanced diet, at least 1500 and with a active life style even more.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2015, 05:28 AM
    It can take a little while to get use to eating more food when you haven't been. Your appetite will return. Focus on mostly healthy food choices. You may want to try a nutrition drink each day as well to help make sure that you are getting the nutrition that you need. I don't know the choices in your area, but read labels and look for one with low sugar, complete vitamins and minerals, and good amount of protein.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 7, 2015, 06:21 AM
    If you insist on burning 300 calories through exercise, you need 1800 calories to offset that usage. Proper food choice that supply that energy to exercise and function are required. Some foods burn better and faster than others.

You living plan is NOT healthy, or based on FACTS. Revise the plan, or you are defeating the purpose for it in the first place. Obviously you have not been completely honest with your doctor. Or with yourself. How else can we explain you are feeding off your own body, with energy you don't have.

You are supposed to be tired after your own self abuse. Yes it is you abusing yourself.

Mar 7, 2015, 08:12 AM
    Okay thank you.

Also didn't think I have an eating disorder that why I have only just told my doctor about has it has been getting out hand.
    Expert

Mar 7, 2015, 09:00 AM
    That's your problem young lady is that you think you can do everything on your own, and REFUSE to be guided by anyone, because of your own lack of honesty. Go back through your own questions here, and it's apparent you have left out many details, and have failed to connect your own issues, with your own actions, and the flawed decisions that brought them about.

I mean how does a smart teen girl not know when she can't throw up that she has nothing to throw up, but tries it anyway and over exercises, while not eating enough to support the exercises she does?

The real telling thing here is you thank a person for their advice, yet ignore it, or do it your way, which is FLAWED from the start. It's more an indication of the lack of outside guidance and discipline imposed on you and leaving you way too much dependent on your own devices and judgement which to be fair to you, may be beyond your own capabilities at this time.

That doesn't relieve you of the responsibility to get facts and follow instructions however. Sorry to sound harsh because at least you are reaching for answers, even though you don't follow what's given very well. You CAN do better than that.

All the questions you have asked here, should have been disclosed with your doctor from the beginning. DO SO NOW!
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Mar 7, 2015, 09:25 AM
    I wonder what will be the next disorder? Kezzy GO SEE A DOCTOR. The cure is not to be found on here period.....

Mar 7, 2015, 10:42 AM
    Thanks! Sorry I ask a lot of stupid questions, sorry if you think I'm attention sseeking! Because I'm not. And yeah At the moment I'm a bit messed up, but am seeking help and working through things just a lot to work through! Thank you for your advice!
    Expert

Mar 7, 2015, 10:48 AM
    Thanks! Sorry I ask a lot of stupid questions, sorry if you think I'm attention sseeking! Because I'm not.
    I, or anyone else here, has not said any such thing!!!!!!

Mar 7, 2015, 10:49 AM
    Okay thanks just wanted put it out there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I so tired [ 1 Answers ]

I am 20 years old and just got done with my period a couple days ago and the past three days I have been over tried. I get off work take a nap then wake up for an hour or so and go back to bed and then I wake up and go to work and start the whole thing over again. Thanks

I am always tired, what vits can I take which will help me feel better and less tired [ 1 Answers ]

I feel tired all the time, don't seem to have an energy and always seem to be ill if there is flu going around I pick it up. I can't exercise as much as I use to and I am still tired.

Why am I ALWAYS tired? [ 6 Answers ]

All right well someone please try and help me. I don't want the "get more sleep, or eat better... or what not." that's common knowledge. You see I've experimented from getting 8 hours of sleep to 11 hours of sleep and nothing works. I'm 18 years old, and I just started working but it's always...

View more questions Search