Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    y_ortiz17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2014, 05:33 AM
    I Took A Pregnancy Test In The Beginning Of The Month And It Was Negative But My Peri
    I took a pregnancy test in beginning of the month after my perios was a coupl days late and it was negative but my period is now more than 15 days late. I'm pmsing like crazy and even have some symptoms I don't regularly get but there is no spotting of any sort.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 23, 2014, 06:48 AM
    Taking a test at two days late, is far to early, so, of course it was negative.

You need to be at least 14 days late to start testing. And even now, a false negative is possible.

So, do a test in the morning, with the first urine of the day.
    y_ortiz17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2014, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Taking a test at two days late, is far to early, so, of course it was negative.

You need to be at least 14 days late to start testing. And even now, a false negative is possible.

So, do a test in the morning, with the first urine of the day.
    Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 month missed period 2 negative pregnancy test [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't had a period in two months & I have all the pregnancy symptoms.. My stomach is even getting firm.. My husband & I took only 2 pregnancy test when I was two weeks late but haven't took another should I or should I make a doc appointment?

No signs of pregnancy, negative pregnancy test, and period three days late. [ 4 Answers ]

My period is three days late now, and I was having cramps like I was going to start it, but then it never came. I've been worried, because me & my boyfriend have had sex unprotected, using the pull out method, & I have been reading about the "pre " thing, & I'm worried I got pregnant by that, but I...

3 months late 3 hpt negative 2 hospital pregnancy test negative no symptoms [ 0 Answers ]

I have been trying for a while now to get pregnant. I miscarried back in 2008 with a molar pregnancy. Doctor wouldn't let me leave the hospital without taking some type of birth control so I took the depo shot. Since then I have been trying to conceive and I've had no luck. Now 2012 I have been...

3 months late 3 hpt negative 2 hospital pregnancy test negative no symptoms [ 0 Answers ]

I have been trying for a while now to get pregnant. I miscarried back in 2008 with a molar pregnancy. Doctor wouldn't let me leave the hospital without taking some type of birth control so I took the depo shot. Since then I have been trying to conceive and I've had no luck. Now 2012 I have been...

9 days late negative house pregnancy test and negative blood test [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 9 days late on my period took 2 pregnancy home test and came out negative took a blood test 3 days after the last pregnancy test came out negative... could I still be pregnant??

View more questions Search