Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fmb3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2014, 12:06 PM
    Why am I still bleeding?
    I had unprotected sex 2 weeks ago and I am still bleeding. There's no pain, but I have no idea what's wrong or why I'm still bleeding. Could I be pregnant? Or have tearing? Or have gotten an STD? I am on birth control. I am 18 years old.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2014, 12:24 PM
    Two weeks of bleeding? I'd have made a trip to the doctor, or your gynecologist. THere are a lot of possibilities... I think a tear or fissure is most likely.

Keep in mind STD's are always a possibility... only condoms provide any measure of protection against those... and they are not foolproof and only about 80% effective.

Use of condoms in conjunction with the pill will reduce the chances of pregnancy further from just the pill alone. No form of birth control is 100% effective. Also I suggest condom use as well at your age because approx 28% of the youth are infected with HPV... which can cause cervical cancer and not just genital warts. Its not always visibly obvious who does and doesn't have it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding [ 4 Answers ]

I had a bleeding three days after my menstruation. I'm taking birth control pills and forgot to take it for 4 days. I had an unprotected intercourse with my husband on the 2nd day I forgot to take pills. My menstruation was very light and lasted for 6 days. My bleeding is quite heavier than my...

Light bleeding. Implation Bleeding? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I have a couple of serious questions. Okay I'm 17 and me and my boyfriend fooled around on Nov.14.2008 and we used no protection, and not to mention he let his sperm go inside me. I was due to start my period Nov.18.2008 but its late I never started but my periods are VERY regular. Now just...

Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I had unprotected sex a week ago before that I had unprotected sex 2 weeks before that I was suppose to get my cycle but I am having vaginal bleeding on and off light red then brown the doctor told me my pee test had no signs of pregnancy that was 3 days ago I also found out I have a uti what...

Why was I bleeding like this [ 10 Answers ]

Yesterday morning when I woke up I noticed brown discharge, and continued through the day. I called my doctor and he said that if I get sever bleeding and cramps to go to emerg. I had a busy night took my son to the park. When I got home and sat domw I had felt a warm gush. Went to the bathroom...

View more questions Search