Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigdoghulz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Gasoline stablization
    How long can you store gasoline in plastic cans before having to add stabilizers ?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 12:28 PM
    I am just estimating but I would say 3 months but fall to spring is usually too long.
    jem02081 Posts: 65, Reputation: 19

Sep 3, 2008, 08:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdoghulz
    How long can you store gasoline in plastic cans before having to add stabilizers ?
    Also, it will depend on how much air (oxygen) is in the container. A gallon of gas in a gallon container will last longer than a quart of gas in the same container
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2008, 09:22 PM
    3 months is probably tops. If the gas MIGHT sit longer than 2 months, add the stabilizers when the gas is fresh. Stabilizers prevent, not reverse degradation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Gasoline prices [ 39 Answers ]

How good are the odds our gas prices will level off once Haliburton's biggest supporters leave the white house?

Crude oil to Gasoline [ 1 Answers ]

How many gallons of Crude oil does it take to produce 1 gallon of gasoline?

Gasoline Prices [ 3 Answers ]

How are you adjusting your expenses and/or lifestyle to deal with the "out of control" gasoline prices? "...Still, things are not quite as bad as during the 1970s and 1980s oil shocks. In the early 1980s, at the height of the last energy crisis, energy accounted for about 8 percent of...

Gasoline [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: BUY GAS TODAY - BUY PLENTY OF GAS Some people think that if they don't buy gas today, it will send a message to the oil companies. It won't. It'll just make it harder for your local gas dealer to pay his rent. I hate the price too, but don't punish your neighbor. If you want to...

Gasoline Stability [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Ford F-150 P/U that is only driven when we need a truck for something. It has dual tanks and I usually fill them both, empty them both, and fill both again. Probably only fill them up about five times a year. I recently read that gasoline goes stale over time. Does anyone know the life of...

View more questions Search