Ask
    happy36 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 02:56 PM
    how do you work this equation?
    y=3x-7
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 03:33 PM
    I'm not really a mathematical expert, but I don't know how you'd be able to work the equation when there's 2 unknown numbers. There's limitless options.
    iamthetman Posts: 105, Reputation: 8

Feb 20, 2008, 01:48 PM
    y = 3x - 7

This is an equation for a line. A line has an infinite number of points on it. For example one point would be (0,-7) where an x-value of 0 produces a y-value of -7. Points along this line can easily be obtained by substituting values of x and solving to get the y-value or vice versa.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

How do I work this type equation? [ 4 Answers ]

X divided by 7/8 = 3/5 X = ?

Word equation as chemical equation and balance [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with these. I don't get it.:confused: Aluminum bromide + chlorine yield aluminum chloride +bromine Potassium chlorate when heated yields potassium chloride + oxygen gas Hydrogen +nitrogen monoxide yield water + nitrogen

View more questions Search