Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angelboy12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 04:12 PM
    My Comp. won't read some discs
    I tried downloading a new game on my Comp. but it seamed as if the disc drive was trying to read it but couldn't register. I thought there might be an issue with the disc reader so I poped in another game that had been uninstalled a while back and it read that one fine, but when I poped the other new game in again it still didn't seem to be able to read it for some reason I could here the disc drive doing something but it still wasn't seeming to read it because no installation screen came up but one did come up when I poped in the other older game that I had uninstalled a while ago
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2010, 04:24 PM
    What file format the game file?
    Angelboy12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 04:37 PM
    Comment on NeedKarma's post
    Wait I'm a little confused as to what your asking
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 28, 2010, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    What file format the the game file?
    As am I?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2010, 04:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelboy12 View Post
    wait I'm a little confused as to what your asking
    You say you are downloading a new game. What kind of file is it? Is it a .zip, an .exe, a .rar?
    Or when you say "downloading" did you actually mean "installing"?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 29, 2010, 06:17 AM

His post implies he is installing from a disc(s).

When you put the new game in have you tried going into the drive? Instead of waiting for an install screen to appear, try going into MY COMPUTER > CD DRIVE > INSTALL.EXE(or something similiar)
    Hello24 Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Dec 29, 2010, 04:27 PM
    Newer games, mostly use dvd's.
    Do you have a cd drive or a dvd drive?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dvd drive won't read blank discs [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, hope someone can help, I'm having problems with my drive, it won't read blank dvd-r/rw's, It's fine when it comes to regular discs with data on them, it just keeps telling me to insert a blank disc even though there's one in there. The number of the disc drive is WDC-WD400BB-00DEA0 (IF...

My CD drive won't read one of my discs. [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a game today. The Total War Battlepack. Rome: Total War, and Medieval II: Total War. It won't read Medieval II: Total War, but it'll read Rome: Total War. I also bought Starcraft II about a month ago and it didn't read that so I just downloaded it from the website. But I...

Why won't my PC read discs? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, recently my computer has stopped reading discs. It hasn't really bothered me until I had to use a disc, and now it's driving me crazy! I've tried reading up on every possible answer, but nothing seems to be working. I just tried inserting The Sims 2 disc just to see if it would read, and it...

Computer won't load any discs [ 1 Answers ]

My computer won't load any discs at all. I went to the device manager and it showed a yellow icon on my cd drive. I bought an external CD rewriter but it still wouldn't load the disc. I'm wondering if I bought something such as driver detective would that clean it up so I could install another cd...

View more questions Search