Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasonwong92 Posts: 30, Reputation: 0

Jan 23, 2010, 07:50 AM
    I have brought a gaming laptop with GTX260M graphic card but onli have 2.0GHZ p7350
    Is that 2.0ghz too low for gaming? Will it affect the of the game? And make it lag?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jan 23, 2010, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonwong92 View Post
    is that 2.0ghz too low for gaming?
    No and yes. It depends on the type of games you wish to play. If you want to play the latest and greatest 3D shooter with all the graphic elements set to max, you may be left wanting. If you plan to primarily play Windows Solitaire, it is overkill.

will it affect the of the game?
    A laptop, any laptop, would not be my first choice for a gaming machine. Compared to a desktop machine, max memory capacity, hard drive performance, and video performance/upgrade-ability are all usually less than what could be obtained for comparable cash.

and make it lag?
    Stutter might be a better term. Lag is normally due to slow network performance for multiplayer type games. Having too slow a processor affects the playability of a game. Input will have a delay or the fluidity of the experience will be jerky or uncontrollable. Graphic realism may need to be reduced in order for the game to have an acceptable frame-rate to be smooth.

Another aspect of purchasing too slow a processor, even if it is sufficient for today's games, is what will be it's viable life? I try to get 3-4 years out of a processor and upgrade video cards every 2 years or so. To maximize the viability of a given processor for gaming, it should be near the top of the available processor performance heap when purchased, otherwise a game will be encountered in a year or two that won't be playable, which in the case of a laptop means purchasing a whole new laptop.

Jan 23, 2010, 08:59 AM

Other people said graphic card... will be the more important for gaming and not the processor... is tat true?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jan 24, 2010, 10:03 AM

Yes, I generally agree with that assessment within a reasonable range, however one cannot procure the fastest graphics card along with the least expensive budget processor and expect good results either.

Jan 26, 2010, 06:21 AM

OK tq vry much^^...
    lisaroy1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 04:58 AM
    My first choice is Gaming laptops and I refer top gaming laptops
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Apr 27, 2011, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaroy1 View Post
    My first choice is Gaming laptops and i refer top gaming laptops
    This post is almost a year and half old. The OP is no longer concerned with the subject at hand!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need a good gaming laptop. [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking a laptop that is good for gaming and fit the following: --has HDMI output (want to hook a hdmi cable to my TV to watch movies) --has blue-ray burner --screen bigger than 15.5 inch (want to see well when playing online games) --built in wireless card

Computer graphic card [ 1 Answers ]

HI I have AMD sempron 2800 processor and 512 mb ram , PC works fine on onboard graphics but when I install 128mb nvidia geforce graphic card , PC reboots automatically after every 10 minutes or gives a blue screen error , so is there a problem with the graphic card I am using...

Need New Graphic Card for PC Gaming [ 2 Answers ]

I wasn't sure to post this under video games or computers so you. I have a HP Pavilion slimline desktop s3700f computer and it has a nvidia Ge Force 6150 ge graphic card. I am trying to play some good quality graphic games like assassins creed and the newish 007 game on steampowered. Some of the...

Graphic Card [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there :) I'm just trying to find an update for nvidia geforce mx/mx 400, but don't know how. Can anybody find for me new update. Thanks :-=):)

View more questions Search