Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ted6969 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Cable hookup
    I have a tube TV, and vcr-dvd combo player, and a comcast cable box. Want to record one channel and play another at same time. Need schematic for rthe hookup.
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Dec 12, 2008, 01:50 PM

On many cable systems there will be some limitations on which channels are available for simultaneous viewing and recording of different channels. Details vary depending on your cable provider's channel lineup, which rental converter you are using and the features of your equipment. Usually premium channels (like HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and The Movie Channel) are only viewable or recordable through a rental converter. Most of the channels in digital programming tiers that originate out of your local area will normally require the rental converter as well.

There's probably diagrams in the combo unit's owner manual. Many consumer manufacturers are now making downloadable copies of manuals available on their web sites for the convenience of consumers who can't locate the printed copies that came packed with the equipment.

You might be able to achieve the most capability by connecting the composite output of the rental cable converter to the composite input of the VCR/DVD combination. Use a splitter to route the RF (coax) to both the cable converter and the RF "antenna in" input on the TV. You should be able to view your choice of the rental converter content or recorded material through the VCR/DVD combo and composite cables connecting the combo unit's composite output to the matching inputs on your TV. Channels your cable provider still distributes as "in the clear" audio format will still be available over the TV's antenna connection.

Composite video cables are color coded with yellow plugs that should be plugged into matching jacks. They are usually used with stereo audio cables with red and white color codes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DVD/VCR Hookup to Vizio LCD Tv With No Cable Box [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this problem I'm having. My mom recently purchased a Vizio LCD 32" TV and for Christmas we bought her a DVD/VCR combo. I tried hooking this up for her but am confused because there is no input/out for the cable coming from wall to hook into on the DVD/VCR. I...

TV, VCR/DVD, Cable Box hookup [ 1 Answers ]

How to hook up TV, VCR, CABLE BOX.

Coax cable and TV hookup [ 2 Answers ]

My coax cable to my TV is not working wile it is grounded. If I just touch the cable to the input on the TV it will get the signal, however once I start to screw the cable on I loose the connection. I also get the same problem wile using an adapter to hook two wires together. If I just touch...

Cable box/AB splitter/VCR-DVD combo/tv hookup [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had to add a cable box to my TV set up. I had one three years ago and I was able to use my VCR/DVD combo along with a A/B switch and program a recording on one station, and watch a different station while it was recording (w/o the A/B switch I was not able to) Then I got rid of the cable...

Laptop won't hookup to cable high-speed through main computer [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I give. I've tried everything and I still can't hookup to the internet. I need help. I have a cable modem & D-Link router on main computer. My work computer works fine in the dining room. I just picked up a used laptop for personal use and it won't work. I'm not real computer savvy so...

View more questions Search