Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Patricia21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 05:28 PM
    How does UV light sensitive ink work using the Bohr-rutherford model of the atom?
    Help
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2008, 05:59 PM
    Well, UV is a higher energy wave than visible light, so the electron can be excited up many energy levels by a single UV photon.

Then it will spontaneously drop down these energy levels one at a time at a later time, emitting lower energy photons i.e. in the visible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bohr-Rutherford Diagrams [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone please tell me the basics of this Diagram? I have no idea what I'm suppose to do at all. Please explain to me in great detail what these questions mean. I'm suppose to: Give the Bohr-Rutherford Diagram for the following neutral isotopes. a) 16 S 34 b) 1 H 3 These are...

Bohr-Rutherford diagram [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I must find the Bohr-Rutherford diagram for an element. There are so many types of diagrams that I do not know which one to use. Can you give me an example so that I know what it looks like ? dmercer

Hampton Bay Lighting - Upper Light Does Not Work But Low Light Does [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Fan that has a fan, upper lighting and lower lighting with a remote model UC7078T. The remote works for the fan and lower lighting but not the upper lighting. This means the remote and fan are on the same frequency. I've confirmed that the bulbs are all good. Can't find a...

Bohr-Rutherford diagram of an ion [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please.. in detail explain to me how to draw a Bohr-Rutherford diagram of an ion?

View more questions Search