Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MCLD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 01:54 PM
    USB Flash Drives
    I run several Library's and when my customers come in to use our computers which are all standard Dell's they want to do homework, resume updates etc. they plug in there USB Flash drive and not all my machines recognize just any USB Flash Drive? Why is that when I though they were all standard? :confused:
    ieee488 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2007, 02:35 PM
    A lot depends on the version of Windows the computers are running.
    Generally, USB flash drives are have no problems with Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
    I don't have experience with Windows Vista.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2007, 05:23 PM
    The comuters may not have updated USB 2.0 drivers, your users flash drives probably use USB 2.0. The USB drivers on your machine may be using USB 1.1 drivers
    Make sure you go to windows update on each machine and have everything updated.
    If this is not the issue, do you have to machines that are same make and model with same Operating System and a flash drive works on one and not the other?

If this is so there may be a problem with your usb ports

Some things to consider.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Need help making movies with flash macromedia flash pro 8 [ 23 Answers ]

Help! I need to animate this movie sort of like a cartoon for example if I wanted a stick man ( example) and I want it to throw a stick then run. This is very hard because I make the man and I have to modify and modify every slide s the man can like move his hand. There must be an easier way. Need...

USB Flash Drives [ 1 Answers ]

What is the proper way of activating a USB flashdrive and what has to be done before I unplug it from the USB port? Mark Gibbs

Flash Action Script-Programming in Flash cs3 professional [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Does anybody know 1. method to creating a folder using Flash action script ? 2.Any good sites to learn Flash action script ? 3.Code to make a button in flash to browse for a image file and then to display its path? Thanks in Advance.. :)

2 xp os on 2 drives [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 drives with xp on each drive. How do I remove the os on one drive without screwing up the other drive?

Drives [ 5 Answers ]

I have 4 drives shown in PC (c, d, e, g) not including cd drive or floppy drive. Is there a way that I can have my computer show 1 drive; c:/?? And let that drive have the total memory of all four combined

View more questions Search