Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coolkat Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2005, 11:04 AM
    Anyone know a good Hairball control??
    My cat is about 4 years old and recently she has begun throwing up way too often . :( Does anyone know of anything that works besides these "hairball formula treats?" Perhaps I should take her to the vet.. Thanks!
    koriani Posts: 132, Reputation: 8

May 8, 2005, 05:34 PM
    If it is hair that your cat is vomiting, then I can suggest you either have the cat shaved or comb her daily with a good long-tooth, metal comb (brushes only make things worse).

There are supplements you can buy at pet stores such as Lax'Aire or Pet Lax that are petroleum based products that lube the intestines so hair can move through easier.

Some cats even like straight petroleum jelly!

Since switching to Iams Hairball, I've not had any vomiting (and I have 5 cats). Other hairball foods, such as Hill's and Purina, don't do the job as well as Iams.

If the vomiting occurs several times a day and your cat is losing weight, a vet visit is in order.

Hope this information is helpful!

Regards,
    siamese Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2007, 08:03 PM
    Try Giving Your Cat Butter Or Mayo - Its Something You Always Have On Hand - And Your Cat Will Love It - Its Also Good For The Skin And Coat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat vomits hairball then gets lethargic and limp [ 10 Answers ]

?My cat gets completely out of it after vomiting a fur ball. He has lost control of his bladder and pants and drools... his eyes dialate and he is just not himself. My daughter found him on his back with his mouth wide open - it is very frightening, and the vet can find nothing wrong with him. I...

Control issuses [ 8 Answers ]

I'm starting to think my boyfriend is trying to control me even though he's ill(anixity and depression and I'm starting to think OCD) now can I get him to break the cycle? Or even try to get him to realise what he's doing to us and me damn it!

Should a man be in control [ 18 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I am new and really appreciate your help:).. I have just started having sex a couple months ago w/ my boyfriend. I am no longer with him but I was still curious about this issue. This question is more geared towards males but I would be glad to get a response from either sex. My...

AvxScanOnline Control... [ 3 Answers ]

How do I safely remove this from my win98SE computer? Did an on-line scan and this program is now installed on my computer located in the downloaded program files. The code base for this is: http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/Msie/bitdefender.control and is made by SOFTWIN SRL ROMANIA. Used regedit to...

View more questions Search