Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catgirl101 Posts: 71, Reputation: 2
    -

Jan 27, 2013, 07:17 PM
    Why do kittens attack and dig their claws?
    I was a little empathetic today. My mom's friend's kitten liked me for a couple minuets. Then she was like sort of in ''hunting mode'' I guess and she was FAST that little devil and she jumped on me and dug her claw into my boob. Then I was crying for no reason.! *** CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THIS??
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 07:21 PM
    Kittens have needle-sharp claws and like to pounce and play. You just happened to be there. There's no big mystery here. The kitten was just being a kitten and doesn't dislike you.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 07:22 PM
    Kittens will be kittens. They like to hunt and play. They learn over time, hopefully, how to behave with training.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 07:23 PM
    catgirl101, do you know what the word "empathetic" means?
    -

Jan 28, 2013, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    catgirl101, do you know what the word "empathetic" means?
    Sorry, I made a mistake I was crying uncontrollably my mom said I had my first empathy.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 28, 2013, 02:19 PM
    Kittens play like this with other cats too... it doesn't mean they don't like each other. It's how they play and how they learn.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 28, 2013, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by catgirl101 View Post
    Sorry, I made a mistake I was crying uncontrollably my mom said I had my first empathy.
    No, that is not what you had. Empathy means to get inside the skin of another being and feel what it feels. You have not done that.
    -

Jan 29, 2013, 05:56 AM
    No, that is not what you had. Empathy means to get inside the skin of another being and feel what it feels. You have not done that.
    GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRR!! I'm editing it!! BECAUSE OF YOU!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 29, 2013, 06:01 AM
    That wasn't necessary, was it? Watch your manners.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 29, 2013, 06:15 AM
    Didn't your mother teach you to respect your elders?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 29, 2013, 07:01 AM
    Catgirl, we rarely get someone as young as you on this site, especially for more than one question. And if you don't say that you are 9 years old in each question, a lot of responders aren't going to know, and are going to treat you like an adult or at least a teen. There's a huge leap from your age to teen, and many teens are quite mature. So take your lumps and learn, if you want to hang out here.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 29, 2013, 07:47 AM
    I think she would have said "your first epiphany". Which means you finally realized that everything is not perfect and well ordered.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 29, 2013, 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I think she would have said "your first epiphany". Which means you finally realized that everything is not perfect and well ordered.
    Ah, "epiphany"!! A $5 word but you are probably right!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 29, 2013, 08:11 AM
    Ah, "epiphany"!!! A $5 word but you are probably right!
    He, it's worth more then that! Five dollars my petooee! You won't find words like that here every day!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 29, 2013, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    He, it's worth more then that !! five dollars my petooee! You won't find words like that here every day!
    Well, okay. How much is it worth? (I was going to say $10.) It seems a bit highfalutin for a mom to use to her young daughter. Maybe Mom is a Harvard grad?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 29, 2013, 06:46 PM
    GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm editing it!!! BECAUSE OF YOU!!!
    Watch your mouth. We're all being very lenient with you because of your age, but this site is not about children posting nonsense, nor do the people on this site come here for advice from a 9 year old. They want facts, not guesses, and not gibberish.

You owe Wondergirl an apology. If you don't know the meaning of a word, don't use it. When someone corrects you, learn from that correction, don't post what you posted above. That's not okay.

You really shouldn't be posting as much as you are. You should be outside, playing, or doing your homework, or spending time with your family. Are they aware that you're on an adult site asking many questions, and answering posts you don't have the experience or knowledge to answer? Do they know how much time you spend on the computer?
    -

Feb 4, 2013, 06:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Watch your mouth. We're all being very lenient with you because of your age, but this site is not about children posting nonsense, nor do the people on this site come here for advice from a 9 year old. They want facts, not guesses, and not gibberish.

You owe Wondergirl an apology. If you don't know the meaning of a word, don't use it. When someone corrects you, learn from that correction, don't post what you posted above. That's not okay.

You really shouldn't be posting as much as you are. You should be outside, playing, or doing your homework, or spending time with your family. Are they aware that you're on an adult site asking many questions, and answering posts you don't have the experience or knowledge to answer? Do they know how much time you spend on the computer?
    Okay, Okay!! I apologized. I'm starting to make friends with her so stop worrying about me and getting in my way!! :(
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 4, 2013, 07:00 PM
    Okay, Okay!!! I apologized. I'm starting to make friends with her so stop worrying about me and getting in my way!!! :(
    You must be talking about me. How are we doing? (Pssst, be nice to Alty!)
    -

Feb 4, 2013, 07:04 PM
    You must be talking about me. How are we doing? (Pssst, be nice to Alty!)
    Were doing good. He is just pressuring me too much and it's not helping.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 4, 2013, 07:05 PM
    Were doing good. He is just pressuring me too much and it's not helping.
    He's a she and has a daughter around your age. Now, here is where you learn how to handle pressure. Name one good way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my dog to stay still when I cut his claws [ 6 Answers ]

Whenever I cut my dogs nails he WILL NOT stay still. He is a 5 year old pug and he will not give up. I do not cut too close to the vien in the nail and I do not ever hurt him but he just gets mad when you try to cut his nails. I was wondering if maybe the peti paw would work (its on a commercial)...

Hampton bay lighting claws [ 2 Answers ]

My frd needs hampton bay lighting claws to hold up her hampton bay flush mounts glass in a different color. Do you know a place where I can buy some glass claws for her. I need 24 of them

I need to know how to remove dew claws [ 10 Answers ]

I need to know how to remove dew claws of my 5 new born yorkie pups

Cutting kittens claws [ 6 Answers ]

How old should a kitten be before you can start cutting their claws. We have a new little kitten, he's a little over six weeks and his little claws are very sharp. We have been teaching him not to dig in but he's a kitten and full of energy, when he gets carried away he's destructive. We won't...

Santa Claws? [ 7 Answers ]

So Disney say that "Santa",is one of their characters.Sounds more like them playing Scrooge if you ask me.Merry xmas. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6189521.stm

View more questions Search