Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psnicker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2012, 08:24 PM
    Kidney disease HELP
    MY little dog it 2 years old and got a kidney disease. Can he have a little dark chicken. The Vet. Put him on a diet. It is all veg. I think he would like a little chicken to get him eat better.
    goldenboy3 Posts: 15, Reputation: -5
    -

Feb 14, 2012, 08:48 PM
    If the vet put him on this diet then maybe its best to stick to it.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2012, 09:50 PM
    You want to stay away from things that are hard to digest. The kidneys need a break from working so hard.

Speak with your vet if he is having a hard time eating the bland diet that I'm sure he was put on. Your vet should work with you on tweeking the diet so your dog wants to eat it.
    paleophlatus Posts: 459, Reputation: 112

Feb 16, 2012, 12:44 AM
    Kidneys pass the nitrogenous residue from incomplete protein digestion, such as compounds that make ammonia. Chicken is muscle meat, which is primarily protein. These residual byproducts in the proteins further degrade the working components (the nephrons) of the kidney, and contribute to a hastening of the deterioration of the kidneys. Egg as protein rates as a 100, meaning it is the most completely digestible protein available to use as a 'standard' of digestibility. Ask your vet if at some time in the future you may add some high quality proteins to your dog's diet. The most noticeable downside effect of kidney deterioration is the diet... it is not known for its appeal, or flavor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kidney disease? Can I take metathione? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kidney problem and taking some medicines for my hypertension ang some amino acids. If I take metathione will it affect or hurt my kidney?

Stage 4 kidney disease [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... good day to everyone... I would like to ask if CKD or Chronic Kidney disease (stage4) has all the chances for the recovery?. I feel so devastated in the situation that my mother going through in her everyday living... always having severe headache,muscle and bone...

Kidney disease [ 1 Answers ]

Hai I am sandeep I am a diabetic for 18years with one kidney by birth recently my s creatine have gone up from 1.7 to 1.9 with gfr of 49 and urea of 75 doctors are saying that my kidney function will last up to 4or5 years maximum afterwards my kidneys will fail what have I to do I am 37year old...

Kidney disease in dog [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a one and half yr old chinese crested powder puff dog at eight months he developed a bladder infection, which cleared up with antibiotics. In June of this year he became very sick over a couple of days from being very lively to not wanting to eat or even walk. Took him to vet , they told...

Anemia, kidney disease [ 2 Answers ]

What types of anemia require regular blood transfusions about once a month. Can kidney disease require blood transfusions as well?

View more questions Search