Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cutekate07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2006, 07:38 PM
    Bald Streak on Head
    My female cat (domestic) has suddenly acquired a white bald streak on the top of her head. On the skin is extremely small red dots almost like blisters. However only 3 or 4 are on it. I doubt she is stressed because it would be too hard for her to clean up there and she doesn't go outside. Does anyone know what else it could be?
    heathervettechCa Posts: 43, Reputation: 6

Dec 12, 2006, 03:16 AM
    It could be a fungus of some kind like ringworm. Th e best thing to do is get a vet to look at it and if they feel it deemed necessary, they will culture it /do testing accordingly.
    In the mean time its proabaly a good idea to keep from touching it just in case. If it is ringworm or scabbies, its zoonotic meaning it can be transferred to humans.
    Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rain shower head & handheld shower head problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have a shower with 2 pipes for showers heads (one on the wall in front, and one on a side wall). The wall in front has a rain shower head on it. The wall to the side has a hand held shower head attached. The pipe with the hand held shower attached has a push button valve to turn the handheld on...

Chihuahua with Seasonal Bald Spots [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 11 year old male AKC registered Chihuahua. He is in excellent health, has 2 standard vet visits a year (1 for his booster shots, and 1 for renewal of his heart worm chews). He has had the same vet since he was 1 year old. Every year around mid-September to Early October he develops...

Daschund with bald spots [ 11 Answers ]

I have a daschund who is 1 year and about 7 months. He is very eager and friendly and in really good shape. I switched him from Iams to Nutro a while ago, and the dandruff he used to have has completely gone away because his skin is of course better moistened. But just recently, I have begun to...

Nesting Bald Eagles [ 2 Answers ]

Kennedy Space Center Eagles KSC has quite a few pairs of nesting Bald Eagles. The most famous is a pair that return every year to nest in a pine tree about half way between the Vehicle Assembly Building (a massively huge structure) and Kennedy Parkway. Every year the KSC photography contractor...

Bald cat [ 1 Answers ]

My 1.5 yo outside cat has just recently started getting big mats of hair around neck and they are falling out. The cats neck is going bald. It seems to be the only place. Any ideas? Is my other cat in danger? How about my border collies? The cats live in the barn but have good food and good beds....

View more questions Search