Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taylor2012 Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2009, 11:31 PM
    Hole in my cats head?
    Well there's thing hole in my kittens head. Yeah a hole. Its really gross and oozie. Has anyone heard of anything like that? Its pretty deep. Kind looks like a volcano. Don't suggest vet cause that's out of the question. Me and my sister have been keeping some medicine on it. Its for horse cuts,but you know,that's all we have for now. And before that we tried putting some cream on it that my mom said would help but the momma cat kept licking it off. This probably sounds odd but its really got me worried about it. Can anyone help me figure out what it is?
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 12:08 AM

Well, why exactly would a professional be out of the question?

Has the "hole" been there since birth, or did it just appear one day?
    Does the kitten notice it, or act any different from the others? (assuming a multi-litter)
    Does the mother cat lick the hole all the time, or just when you put the cream on it?

Also, how big is the hole? And what part of the kitten's head? May help determine what caused it.

Jul 16, 2009, 12:21 AM

Because my mom doesn't want to go to the vet because we're kind of tight on money right now.
    Well one day it was just a bump sort of and I didn't really think much of it,and now its growed into this big nasty hole.
    He doesn't noticce it at all,I don't think.
    No,just when I put the cream on it.

I need to be more detailed when I ask questions lol

Jul 16, 2009, 12:23 AM
    Oh and the hole is on-top of his head and its pretty big.
    You could probably fit a bead in there.
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 12:30 AM

Hmm... a bump growing into an open sore. Sounds to me like it could be a skin lesion. (sp?) Caused by maybe FLUID FILLED BUMPS or SKIN LUMPS.

How is this hole situated? Is it like an open sore, or like part of the skin is completely missing? Is there still fur on it/directly around it?

Do you notice any other bumps or sores anywhere on the kitten's head/body?

EDIT: Beads come in many different shapes/sizes (looks in box and sees beads ranging from .3 cm to 2 cm), so that doesn't help much, lol. Could you give a rough estimate on diameter?

Jul 16, 2009, 12:34 AM

Its like an open sore.
    Yeah he has fur but its around it,
    No I think that's the only one.
    We had a cat last year that had something like it on its neck and my dad put some kind of medicin on it and it ended-up dying. So I'm trying to be real careful cause its just a kitten.
    Its about a month old.
    And litteraly,if you sit there and watch it it will bubble like puss and ooze.. sounds gross but its true.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2009, 12:39 AM
    Hi again, taylor2012!

I have to agree very much with the things that HelpinHere says, particularly in Post #2 above. I would have the same questions.

Have you tried asking a neighbor or a friend to help you out with paying for a visit to the vet? When I took in a cat years ago that was being abused by some really nasty neighbor boys, one of my neighbors "jumped" in to pay for the cat to have shots and also be neutered because I couldn't afford, at the time, to have those things done.

Thanks!

Jul 16, 2009, 12:41 AM

I'll see if my mom would consider that :)
    Well we are having to take one of our horses to the vet pretty soon (and you know that's a lot of money) so yeah..
    Oh and thanks for reading my questions and responding! :D
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 12:49 AM

(sorry, but your description made me laugh)
    It does sound gross!

Check those links I gave you. They have descriptions, symptoms, diagnosis (diagnosi plural?), AND treatment.

That is a reliable site (as far as my using it goes) and they could help you if it is one of those things. Or, if not, you could look around on that site and maybe find the right thing for yourself.

I'm sorry for the death of your other cat.

EDIT: Clough: Thanks for the greenie! I appreciate the two exclaimation points! XP

Jul 16, 2009, 12:52 AM

Oh and I know it sounded funny lol
    I hear you could put pics on here? But how?
    If I knew how I would put a pic of it on here and show you. Its kind of hard to explain.

Jul 16, 2009, 12:55 AM
    I looked at those links and I don't think it's the first one but the second one "SKIN LUMPS" wow I think it's that. The pic on there doesn't look like it though cause its just one huge bump. But the symptomes and other things are just like it.
    Thank you for helping me :D
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2009, 12:56 AM

Okay, let me put together how you can post images here. Do you have a digital camera, taylor2012?

Jul 16, 2009, 12:59 AM

I usually use my phone but I can upload pics from it.
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 01:01 AM

Well, try to upload one and make it an attachment.

The pic on that site es of the skin lumps BEFORE it becomes a lesion. It is also a sample image, and, just like with people, it can appear many different ways.

If you could give a pic, it would really help.

Jul 16, 2009, 01:05 AM

I'll try to get a pic on here as soon as I can.
    I can right now though cause its dark outside and everyone in my house is asleep lol
    But when its day light I will.
    Thank you :D
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2009, 01:05 AM

If you click on Answer this Question, you'll get more options as far as posting anything.

What you do is click on the little paper clip figure that you'll see to upload any images.

If the images are on your cell phone, then I would suggest sending them to yourself in an email and then saving them to your desktop or a folder on your computer. From any place that you store them on your computer, you'll be able to upload them to this site.

You might want to re-size them before uploading them, though. If you need help with re-sizing them, I'll be glad to help you with learning how to do that.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 01:14 AM

Sorry you have to wait until sunrise to get a pic posted. Hope it doesn't effect your cat to wait until then.

If it IS that second one I linked to, hope that that page can help you.
    If not, I hope uploading a pic here we can help you help the cat. Good Luck, and get us that image asap!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2009, 06:49 AM

I am going to play devils advocate here and say why were you breeding your cat if you have no money.

Breeding a litter of any animals can be very costly, there can be complications with the pregnancy, birth and as you have discovered, with the kittens.

I know you have no money now but if you cannot self-treat with HelpinHere's advice then you need to relinquish the kitten to a shelter where it can receive treatment.

The mother cat will need to be spayed so start saving.
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 08:35 AM

@shaz: True, however, I know it isn't always that way. Some mother cats "adopt" owners after having kittens.
    My cat, Amy, is a perfect example. She found us after getting pregnant. Then, two days after the kittens were born, she brought them to our patio, and left them there (to go cat around more? Pun intended). We caught her the next day, took her to get spayed, and eventually gave the kittens for adoption.
    All five were successfully adopted! ^_^

Anyway, just posting a story to show how it could possibly not be the OP's fault. However... this is not what happens most of the time, and I agree that you need to have any cats spayed/neutered if they parent kittens, and you can't afford it.

Jul 16, 2009, 09:33 AM
    Well I couldn't help that she was pregnant,she just showed up one day like that :P and I don't have the heart to give them away,but that's just me lol
    Anyway,I took more then one so you could see what I mean.
    Name:  0716091125b[1].jpg
Views: 12799
Size:  61.0 KB

Name:  0716091125a[1].jpg
Views: 4312
Size:  38.6 KB

Name:  0716091124b[1].jpg
Views: 6364
Size:  56.0 KB

Name:  0716091124a[1].jpg
Views: 9838
Size:  49.9 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Older cats ganging up on newer cats [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I have two 14 year old cats, I recently introduced two 4 year old sisters. We attempted to "introduce" them correctly. Over the last week or so, one of the older cats stalks and corners either of the younger cats with the other older cat joining in for good measure. The noise is terrifying....

3 old cats vs the 3 new cats in the home [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there All, I've been in my apartment for awhile with my 3 cats. Now, my friend is moving in and bringing 3 more cats with her. While hers were still in their carriers, there was a lot of hissing and shackles raised. Friend's cats will be upstairs for awhile. We would like to know the time for...

My cats are aggressive to the other cats. [ 3 Answers ]

I have 5 cats, but 2 of them (both girls) are very aggressive towards the others. I'm a bit worried because they keep beating up on my kitten... So far she's got a torn ear, a chunk out of her leg, several scratches, and very uneven fur. I locked them into my room to avoid trouble, but is there an...

Is a dirt sump pump hole safe, rather than a concrete hole? [ 3 Answers ]

We moved into our house in May and have been doing lots of updating. One thing has been bothering me, because I don't know any better... Our sump pump sits in a dirt hole about 3 feet in diameter under the concrete floor. Is this safe? Is this really dirty? I have noticed more bugs in this...

My new female cats hates all my male cats! [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new female cat but she is like a year old, all my male cats like her and want to see her buy she just starts hissing at them and they get away... I want them to get along but I don't know how... I have 4 males one is a year old , the othere one is 5 months and the other 2 are 2...

View more questions Search