Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mida6454 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Spinal Stenosis and bowel movement
    Does anyone who suffer from Lumbar Spinal Stenosis have trouble sitting on the toilet? My legs hurt so tremensdously when I sit to have a bowel movement sometimes that I scream. I am only 41years old, I cannot see tolerating this for much longer but I am afraid of surgical intervention.
    CESElizabeth Posts: 81, Reputation: 7

Sep 2, 2008, 09:14 PM
    I am not a medical professional. I do have lumber spinal stenosis, among other things. Lumber spinal stenosis means stiffing in the lumber spine. What you are describing, I believe is another problem causing the pain in the legs. Radiating pain in the legs from the spine usually means an involvement with spinal roots or compressing nerves. You need to go into your Doctor and tell him what you have posted here. I believe you need an MRI to check for compression of nerves. If this is ocurring it is unlikely it will repair by itself and could result in paralysis. If it is just a herniated disk, there are treatments that do not require surgery. Please go to the Doctor.

Frankie
    BrainSpinalCord Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Sep 11, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Sharp pains that radiate down your legs most likely signal some sort of nerve complication in your spine. Your doctor should evaluate your spine to see where the nerves are being compromised, and to help you find relief.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10 day old abandoned kitten has no bowel movement in 2 days [ 1 Answers ]

We have taken in a 10 day old kitten abandoned by his mother. We have been feeding him kitten milk (ready to use) KMR for the past few days and he is warm, happy, and all around comfortable. He has urinated regularly, but has had no bowel movements in the past two days. I have read comments...

Bowel Movement is too hard [ 1 Answers ]

My cat is 13 years old. She is having a hard with getting rid of her bowel movement so she drags her behind. What can I do to help her?

My step-daughter has bowel movement "accidents" [ 13 Answers ]

My step-daughter, age 12, has had a problem with going to the bathroom in her underwear for about 5 years. Her dad and I married in 2004 and she lives with us 50 percent of the time. She claims it is an "accident" but I know it is not an accident. My concern is I feel it is psychological. My...

Bowel movement [ 3 Answers ]

Lately, but very sporatically, my bowel movements have been almost pure liquid. I don't think it is diarrhea because it is very random, and only happens once then stops. This is gross, but as soon as I go to the bathroom, it just comes out. I didn't know if it was just my digestive system being...

View more questions Search