Ask
    equilla Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Sick kitten?
    My kitten vomits everyday
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 30, 2008, 06:39 PM
    How long has this been going on? How old is the kitten? What are you feeding it?
    equilla Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 06:46 PM
    Maybe a week, he's 4 months, dry food. I'm really worried.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 30, 2008, 06:53 PM
    You need to take him to the vet. He never gets wet food?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2008, 08:02 PM
    Could be some illness, could be food allergies. If it's suspected it might be food allergies, I would not go with some crapola the vet tries to give you. Most of that stuff isn't good quality food. Stick with canned (not dry), no seafood, no beef (check ingredients), NO GRAINS foods for a couple of months and see what that does. Even if it's some illness, that's a good diet for a cat anyway. After all, they eat small animals in the wild, not dry kibble.
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Jul 5, 2008, 09:16 AM
    As difficult as it is to give an opinion on such a problem online anyway, I would prefer that you would have been a tad bit more thorough on describing the condition of your kitten.
    Details like, food she's on, how much, how often, how old she is, how often she's vomiting, how long she's been this way, the consistency and color of the vomit (is it just food, bile, hairball), has she had any shots, how long you've had her, etc should have been things you included in your query from the get go. The only piece of advice I can give is get to a vet, ASAP!
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jul 5, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Yes she might just need worm medicine, sometimes the worms can block the digestive tract in a young animal. Take a stool sample along to the vet's
    sindy25 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 11:38 PM
    This poor little mite needs a vet asap,my kitten had similar symptoms and got very dehydrated very quickly so its really important that you see someone about this.

My kitten's (which was about 4-6 weeks at the time) digestive system couldn't cope with the food(tinned food) I was giving her and I had to get special easily digested food sachets from my vet, this was mixed with water/milk and after a few weeks I was able to reintroduce the usual tinned food I bought(especially made for kittens) she is now in very good health.

Hope your little kitten is OK too

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sick Kitten [ 1 Answers ]

I recently adopted a six week old kitten, and I noticed one of her front claws looked a little infected. Well, it got worse and started oozing puss, but I treated it with betadine and its drying up and getting better. However, now her back right paw is messed up. It started with the joint being...

Kitten sick! [ 3 Answers ]

My six week old kitten was born with a swollen stomach its always had a loose stool.Now her tummy is twice the size it should be and starting today its laying down crying of pain,I don't have the means of money to take it to the vet!please I don't know what to do for it please HELP!:confused:

A sick kitten that will not eat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a cat that is about 6 months old (not really sure cause I found her) and she will not eat or drink anything.This is the 3 day now and I am getting very worried about her.She has not been going to the bathroom either for 3 days .Does anyone no what we can do.I have tried giving her milk on a...

Sick kitten [ 4 Answers ]

My kitten got a hold of choclate,and she's acting really weird,has diariea ,eyes dialating, twitching, need some advice please!:confused:

Sick kitten? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently privately adopted a female kitten. She was born July 19th of this year. At almost 3months she is only the size of a 1 month old kitten. (.6 of a kilogram) Very sweet and cute but scrawny except for her pot belly. She has been treated for fleas but has yet to see a vet and treated for...

View more questions Search