Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jnkmeiwes Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Jan 2, 2006, 03:20 PM
    Dark bowel movements
    I have have unusually dark colored bowel movements the last week. Is that a sign of pregnancy or something else? Almost like a dark chocolate color. (trying not to be graphic) But I wanted to know if this is normal or something worse.
    polar Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2006, 03:24 PM
    Most likely something you have eaten
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 2, 2006, 06:11 PM
    Have you been taking any iron supplements or eating anything that might have lots of iron in it as this happens when you get a lot of iron in your diet?
    Jnkmeiwes Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Jan 2, 2006, 07:56 PM
    Pre natal
    I have been taking pre-natal vitamins. Can that affect it?
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 2, 2006, 08:00 PM
    Yes it most certainly can. This is normal to happen when getting lots of iron in your diet. I suggest you talk to your doctor about this. They will probably tell you the same thing but I don't want to get in any trouble by trying to diagnose anything. So bring it up to your doctor.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 3, 2006, 08:49 AM
    Just in case you are going to be a Mom, check out the following sites.
    Also remember the golden rule - when in doubt, see your doctor. Just make certain that your stools don't get too hard, then you might need a medication to soften them a little.

Check out the following sites, they will help you through this a little more to reassure if you are.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sym...gnancy/PR00102 scroll down and even get answers on flying while pregnant, exercise, dangers, etc.
    http://www.epigee.org/pregnancy/symptoms.html
    www.askdramy.com The U.K. online doctor.you can post on a forum, or 'ask the Dr. Amy' with a click. The FAQ Tab on the homepage is also a good place to click and has a lot of good subject matter. P.S. Most of the articles are printable in PDF format.
    Good luck, and keep us posted.

P.S. in the OB/GYN Clinic online, they have revealed a study that fish two to three times a week are very beneficial to you and the baby if you are expecting. Once I find the article again, I will post it for all to read.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 3, 2006, 08:58 AM
    Fish Diet - Healthy
    Here's the PDF document with the results of the latest study on fish in diets for expectant mothers and the benefits. Hope this helps many of you.

Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Fish_Diet.pdf (74.4 KB, 289 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bowle Movements aren't what they used to be [ 2 Answers ]

On new years I went to stay at a friends house and we started drinking to celebrate the new years. I had a combination of Beer, Saki, Baily's Irish Cream, Brown Nut home brew beer, and bicardi during the night being the total equivlent of about 12 beers I would guess to say. Well anyway for the...

Weird bowel movements [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I have a question about bowel movements I've been having diarreah (well, it's not THAT bad... more like really soft) for the about three weeks now. I noticed that it smells sour and before I had to go my stomach would hurt (after I went it didn't hurt). I went about 2 times a day,...

8 month old lab has bowel problems [ 3 Answers ]

Ever since I brought my puppy home with me at 7 weeks old, she's had diarrhea stools. Sometimes it's better, sometimes, it's worse. She's not sick or anything, she acts like a normal crazy puppy. I had a country vet who treated her for worms, then giardia, and then suggested I switch food. None...

Bottle fed kittens - no bowel movements [ 1 Answers ]

We are feeding KMR to two kittens that are about 3-4 weeks old. They both weigh about 10 ounces and eat about 1/2 - 1 ounce of liquid formula twice a day. They have been urinating after every meal but we have not seen any signs of a bowel movement. We have tried to stimulate the rectum area to...

Nursing cat with no bowel movements [ 6 Answers ]

Edit: <Problem solved> My wife and I recently adopted a cat about a week ago, we discovered her in the back of the building that she was working in and discovered that she was very pregnant, so we decided to take her in.  She gave birth a few hours later. Now, I swear I haven't seen this cat...

View more questions Search