Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kimbbb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Wt. Loss in older cats
    I have found that as all of my cats that reach their golden years they start losing weight.I know that most of it comes from kidney disease that elderly cats most always succomb to eventually.My girl is an indoor cat and is clean of parasites.Anyway,I see all kinds of weight loss foods on the market but none that are for weight gain. I'd like to find one or even a homemade recipie for weight GAIN in the older cat that is low in protein making it easier on the kidneys.Can anyone help?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2007, 12:52 PM
    You can buy cat food for seniors, the pet stroes have a wide variety. Kitten chow would make a cat gain weight but I am not sure if the protein level would be two high for a senior cat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 older cats [ 2 Answers ]

Recently, I have notice my 2 (indoor/outdoor) cats not eating or hardly eating, like they normally would. I had bought a different brand of cat food for them to enjoy, and they both snubbed it. I then bought their regular food and still, they are snubbing the food dish. This has been going on for...

Coon Hound with older dogs and cats [ 10 Answers ]

It is site policy to answer questions in the public forum There are those that would go to a breed description and insist the Coon Hound would be just like it. Yes, many of a breed do have the behaviors the breed is known for. Many do not. Froggy's Greyhound seems to be a much better match...

My new female cats hates all my male cats! [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new female cat but she is like a year old, all my male cats like her and want to see her buy she just starts hissing at them and they get away... I want them to get along but I don't know how... I have 4 males one is a year old , the othere one is 5 months and the other 2 are 2...

Loss of Appetite and vomiting in cats [ 9 Answers ]

My cats does not want to eat or drink anything, and allof the tests arecoming back normal and negative. Does anyone know what this could be need help asap

Cats hair loss [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have just got back off holiday to find that one of my cats... a long haired female has a small patch on her back where it looks as though the fur has been cut with scizzors and the skin underneath feels scabby. Has she got mites? If so can humans catch them as I have 2 kids. I also have 3...

View more questions Search