Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NandaG Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2012, 07:27 PM
    Older cat with bumps...
    My cat has developed a couple bumps of varying sizes within the last week or so. They are on his sides and some little ones on his inner thighs and one on top of his head. He is 16 years old. I thought maybe he was having an allergic reaction to a flea bite or something similar as I think I may have forgotten to give him his frontline last month. I of course have since administered it, and recently gave him a bath to see if that would help, but there is one bump that has just gotten larger and larger. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it at all though. I have been putting an antimicrobial cream on it to try and make sure it doesn't get infected. Should I be worried or should I wait to see if it goes away? He is an indoor cat, but the area he stays mostly is an enclosed porch which has a fish pond built into the ground that I have seen him drink water out of occasionally. I just put some things around it to try to block him off from it in case that he was bothered by something in the pond water. I don't have a lot of money so I'm hoping I don't have to go to the vet but I don't know if I should be alarmed. Any ideas as to what it could be?
    paleophlatus Posts: 459, Reputation: 112

May 14, 2012, 10:35 PM
    Any bump, but especially one that is growing should be looked at by the vet. You mention putting antibiotic on it to keep it from becoming infected... this suggests that it may be hairless, even 'raw'? Even more of a reason to seek a better opinion on it. There are a variety of malignancies that affect the skin that need to be detected and treated sooner than later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Cat has bumps and scabs all over her neck. What should I do ? [ 3 Answers ]

I love my cat Wee Wee and recently she has been getting bumps and scabs all over her neck and some on her head and we are really worried. We have another cat called Bee but none of this has happened to her. My dad says it might be tics but we tried brushing her and she wouldn't let us. I love my...

What can I do to get my older cat use to my kitten? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a one year old female cat and she is pretty use to being the cat in the house I just recently gotten a kitten and she also a female who is on a few weeks old. My one year old cat is hissing and groling at everyone and even the kitten in the house hold so how can I get the one year old to...

Older cat [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 17 year old cat who, of course, is beginning to "fail." She seems to be hungry all the time but only eats a little bit when I feed her. I feed her Purina Mature formula dry food and Fancy Feast cans twice a day but she is losing weight and her sides are beginning to cave in. She seems...

Older cat occasional vomiting [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 13 year old siamese (possibly balinese) cat. They eat dry food during the day and at night they are used to betting a 1/2 can each of wet food as a treat. Recently, my husband switched from wet pouch type food to a well known brand of canned food. Before the cat is finised eating even...

Sick kitty and older cat [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I got a kitty around Christmas time from a pet store and she seemed fine when she got home, just a little diarrhea that disappeared in the first few days. Over about the last week or so the kitty, who is now about 12 weeks old started sneezing often, had eye discharge, runny nose, and coughs...

View more questions Search