Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kpidskalny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 02:15 PM
    Cat bleeding
    My cat is bleeding from vagina, has swollen nipples and ishisses and scratches when touch body
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Jan 31, 2012, 05:43 PM
    Is she spayed? If not, it could be that she is in heat. If she is spayed she may have a urinary tract infection, but that wouldn't really explain the swollen nipples. Either way it may be time to see the Vet either to schedule her in for spaying or find out why she is bleeding, swollen and grumpy.
    paleophlatus Posts: 459, Reputation: 112

Feb 1, 2012, 01:29 AM
    Cats don't bleed when in season. Sounds more like she is trying to deliver but having difficulty. Swollen breasts and enlarged nipples, vaginal bleeding are seen usually when the animal is at term or nearly so. If she is having delivery problems she needs some help. A vet would be best right now to solve this problem of what it really is if not a term pregnancy. Will she let you feel her abdomen to see if it is tight as if she were in contraction, or maybe even feel a kitten?

Of course, if she is spayed, the bleeding could be from the bladder, but that wouldn't explain the enlarged nipples. And, she isn't pregnant, either! Which is another good reason to see the vet and find out just what the matter is.
    kitashea Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Feb 7, 2012, 09:40 PM
    Could also be a false pregnancy. They have all the symptoms with none of the babies. Had a dog that was spayed do this once.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat bleeding and is fixed [ 1 Answers ]

My cat just starting bleeding and I checked the litter and not there, just noticed because she pee'don the bed. She is fixed

Cat, Bleeding nose [ 12 Answers ]

My cat is dripping blood from her nose, the droplets are very small and not all the time. I was wondering what could cause this. She is still eating and drinking just fine.

Bleeding pregnant cat [ 1 Answers ]

My cat became pregnant around christmas time when she got out of the house. It's only Feb 7,2009 and she has blood on her vagina. What should I do and what should I expect? I've never dealt with a pregnant cat before and she's my baby should I be worried? What should I do for her?:confused:

Cat Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old female, indoor cat, bleeding like she's having a period. She hasn't done this before. Is something wrong with her? Should I take her to a vet? I can't keep up with all the spots all over the carpet.. . Is there anything I can do to contain the bleeding? I thought cats...

View more questions Search