Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beezyg87 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2012, 07:20 PM
    Sick Dog Pomeranian terroir mix
    My dog get sick about once a month, she throws up and won't move even to pee she just lays in it and she has her mouth shut so tight I can't pry it open and she is a Pomeranian terroir mix?
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Jan 30, 2012, 06:04 PM
    How long has this been going on? Are you saying that she has episodes of sickness and is seemingly fine the rest of the time? And how old is she? It sounds as though you need to get her in to see the vet.

Jan 30, 2012, 06:15 PM
    It happens for a few hours once a month she is 9 months old! And very playful and energetic the rest of the month! It only happens after she eats and not every time she eats and only lasts for like 8 hours
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2012, 06:20 PM
    Sounds like possibly she could have a form of epilepsy

Jan 30, 2012, 06:33 PM
    Even if it's only happened like 3 times? I didn't know dogs could have that!
    paleophlatus Posts: 459, Reputation: 112

Jan 31, 2012, 02:09 AM
    Epilepsy wouldn't last more than a few minutes, 15 at the most. Then, the animal is up and around, usually looking for something to eat or drink. It sounds like some sort of seizure, but not typical. You should have her vet take a look at her, if you can, even while she is in the recovery phase. If you can, try and talk to the vet first and see if he would rather see her while she is still affected by the 'spell'.

Jan 31, 2012, 08:35 AM
    Ok I'm thinking it is too thanks so much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What mix is my dog [ 5 Answers ]

http://lh4.ggpht.com/__UsAmWmAzRo/TCvf1sgSP0I/AAAAAAAAAGA/0oz93hjS-nQ/s800/DSC00646.JPG http://lh5.ggpht.com/__UsAmWmAzRo/TCvbCfgItjI/AAAAAAAAAFo/eBSjk5UoZ3U/s800/DSC00644.JPG Give me Feedback Please. Showed up at my door and now he is staying >LOL

8 week old golden/poodle mix sick [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 8 week year old 7lbs goldendoodle we just received from the breeder on Thursday, we picked him up at the airport (St. Louis to Norfolk, VA). He was tired from the long trip, expected. On Friday, he vomitted what looked like to be some roundworms, took him into the vet on Saturday and was...

Sick 10 yr. Old yorkie and poodle mix [ 3 Answers ]

My 10 yr. old yorkie poodle mix has a bloated belly, he won't eat and his poop is really runny. I have tried everything, now I feel like I am out of options. Is there anyone who has any idea's of what it could be?

Sick puppy.lab/pit/brittany spanial mix [ 12 Answers ]

Took puppy (3 mo) to vet about 1 week ago for something that bit him.. got all better then all of a sudden he just lies around hasn't eatten for about 2 days barely drinks water... has dry heaves and seems to be losing weight... have offered wet food.. because what dog won't turn that down... didnt...

Do you know what mix my dog is? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi! My step-son found a puppy right after it had been clipped by a car, the pup was crying but all right after he was picked-up. We've had him for 3 weeks he's adorable, plays excellent with my other 2 of 3. We just don't know what his mix is. I have read a few comments from others and may have to...

View more questions Search