Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlrg123 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2006, 02:28 PM
    Best Cat Food in Stores
    I'm currently feeding my two 4 month old kittens the Nutro Natural Choice Indoor Kitten hard food but was wondering if there's something better out there. I'd like something healthy, natural, and without all the crap that Iams or Eukanuba have. Thanks!
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jul 31, 2006, 03:01 PM
    I think the saying "you get what you pay for" applies in the cat food industry.

The cheapest foods are mostly filler and contain low quality ingredients. As you go up in price, the quality of ingredients improves. The premium and super-premium foods are not cheap, but I really think they make a difference in the behavior and physical health of your cat.

I tend to mix up different brands of dry food for my cats, and they get a weekly treat of canned food as well (that varies widely).

As far as brands go, I can tell you that I've had good luck with Iams, though I haven't tried Eukanuba. My cats like the Fancy Feast Gourmet Gold foods. Science Diet has not been high on my list, but their Nature's Best line looks like it should be good - though I haven't tried it.

I really like Royal Canin, and their TechniCal line, but I can only find it at the big pet warehouse places and don't buy it often enough to say much about it. My vet also offers some kind of special medical food for my fat cat, which actually seems very good, though it is relatively expensive and can only be found at the vet's office.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Jul 31, 2006, 09:54 PM
    I just feed my two girl cats dry Purena Cat Chow, with a 1/4 can of friskies canned food each evening. What they seem to enjoy the most is catching a bird and eating it in my living room, leaving only feathers and feet for me to pick up. It may sound gross, but I believe that a hunting cat is a happy cat. I have rescued numerous Gecko lizzards that they have brought through the cat door.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do thrift stores do for insurance? [ 5 Answers ]

My mother and I are opening up a small thrift/consignment store in Washington state. We have bought the building. My question is: are there options out there? Are there any insurance companies that are specifically for thrift stores?

Dry food [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a 2 month old French Bulldog and When we got him at the pet store the told us to mix his dry food with some wet food and I Have been doing this but it seems to give him massive diarrhea and it seems to be upsetting his stomach so I called my sister which just had a puppy and she gave her...

My dog is off her food [ 1 Answers ]

My dog has been off her food for two days

Wet dog food and dry dog food [ 5 Answers ]

Someone told me that I should be giving a balance of wet dog food and dry dog food each week and not just dry dog food all the time. He told me that too much dry food can cause constipation. Is this true? Also, which brands are considered low grade dog food?

View more questions Search