Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cb7 driver Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 05:15 AM
    Overheating on a 92 honda accord
    I have a 92 honda accord ex cpe with 140k miles on it. Recently the car has been overheating when driving. I checked under the hood and replaced the thermostat since it was bad but the car overheated on me 4 blocks from my house. I checked under the hood again to find the smaller fan not working. I bought a new one and it works only when I turn on. When I turn the car off, the larger of the 2 fans runs but never while on. Can someone help me out?
    Cheyanne03 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jun 5, 2007, 10:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cb7 driver
    i have a 92 honda accord ex cpe with 140k miles on it. recently the car has been overheating when driving. i checked under the hood and replaced the thermostat since it was bad but the car overheated on me 4 blocks from my house. i checked under the hood again to find the smaller fan not working. i bought a new one and it works only when i turn on. when i turn the car off, the larger of the 2 fans runs but never while on. can someone help me out?
    Have you checked that there are no holes in your radiator or in any of your hoses? Also make sure you don't have a blown head gasket.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1986 Honda Accord LX/1996 Honda Accord LX [ 12 Answers ]

Would someone be able to tell me if the wheels on an 1986 Honda Accord are interchangeable with those of a 1996 Honda Accord. Thank you

1995 Honda Civic CX overheating [ 7 Answers ]

We are having trouble with my daughter's car. It overheats in traffic but does not seem to on highway. We have checked the radiator level and filled it but after a short while it needs refilling but we cannot find a leak anywhere. We thought she might have blown the headgasket when it first...

92 honda civic lx overheating [ 3 Answers ]

My honda civic is overheating and water is bubbling into the overfill tank, and then leaking out. I already replaced radiator and thermostat and there seems to be no pressure from the lower radiator hose to the thermostat. The electric fan fails to come on when temperature is high. Replaced...

Honda Civic overheating problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hello guys.I have changed the engine on my car,and after this the new engine overheats(when I puted the new engine I took all the parts off and cleaned and substituted all the things).So,it was overheating and overheating,and the ventilator didn't switch on,I tried it directly with a battery,and it...

95 Honda Accord Overheating [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 95 Honda Accord that has been overheating. When you crank it and drive it a while, the temperature gauge rises and the car overheats. Neither of the fans will come on while the car is cranked (if the AC is not on). But when you turn the car off, the fans will come on. Please help....

View more questions Search