Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    [email protected] Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2005, 05:47 PM
    91 Civic Si hesitates on start when hot
    My 91 Civic Si is generally great but after driving if I park and go to restart the car will start right away but then stall. If I hold the gas pedal down a bit and keep the revs up it will eventually recover and I can drive normally. I replaced the main relay but it had no effect. What could it be?
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

May 10, 2005, 02:05 PM
    Did you replace it with a new (packed from the factory) or another used Main Relay? If it was a used relay - it might have had the same problem as your original relay. Get your old relay (if you have it), and check this page - http://www.markl.f9.co.uk/howto/elec...main-relay.htm

You will find info on how to check for "dry joints" on your relay. If you find any dry joints - most likely your other relay has the same problem. If it's not that, it would most likely be the Igniter Unit. Search for a thread titled "Sparkless & In The Snow" in this forum, and you'll find information on how to check if your igniter is good or not. If it's faulty - replace it.

When did you change spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap and rotor?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

94 civic - won't start [ 5 Answers ]

My son's 94 civic has an ongoing problem with starting(fuel pump won't run). I have read several of the posts concerning this problem. The main relay is not energizing when the key is turned on. The only wire in the harness that is getting voltage is pin 1 when the key is on. I took the relay out...

Civic dx 93 won't start [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, My civic won't start. I performed most tests discussed in other similar threads and here are my observations -I get fire at the 4 spark plugs (I changed the plugs about 3 months ago and they're covered by carbon deposits) -I get fuel when trying to start the engine Is timing wrong? ...

94' Civic LX no start [ 4 Answers ]

I feel kind of stupid for writing this since it is almost all over. But I think mine might be different, let me start like this. I get back into town after a 600 mile trip (there & back). While down on my trip I happen to run into some heavy rain, going through puddles of water was no problem, then...

94 civic won't start [ 1 Answers ]

94 civic won't start.. if I disconnect the main really and jump terminal 5 and 7 on the harness the pump runs.. I took the really out.. and checked it per the manual.. all seems good.. I checked and seems to have no spark So.. the pump doesn't prime when the key is in and on position.. and...

View more questions Search