Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lamborghiniryder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2005, 12:18 PM
    95 Civic DX 2 electrical problems.
    I have 2 problems with my 95 Civic DX:

1: I jumpstart my car and it starts right up. When I turn off the car, an hour later the battery dies. I have charged it up full and something is draining it. Nothing is left on. Maybe I need a new battery?

2: I have projector headlights that keep burning out and now the brights are out too. I keep replacing the bulbs, but they burn out in a matter of a week. I read something about a combo switch in another question someone asked. My car has 150,000m miles on it, is that what I need?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 8, 2005, 01:41 PM
    You might try charging the battery one more time, and this time, remove the negative terminal and see if it still goes dead. If so, you need a new one.

Are other bulbs burning out too? If so, check the voltage. With the battery charged and the engine running, it should be about 13-14 volts. If it is much over 14 volts, the voltage regulator may be bad, or have bad connections to it. It may or may not be built into the alternator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 civic starting problems [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, my 91 civic hatchback dx suddenly quit while driving--as if it ran out of fuel, and I couldn't get her going again. The usual dash lights work when key turned to position 2 and the fuel pump primes for 2 seconds. The check engine light does not come on. The starter turns the motor over...

Civic problems [ 6 Answers ]

I offered to help a friend fix his '97 honda civic and after an afternoon of looking at it, I'm no closer to a solution than I was before. I've never worked on a honda before but was hoping someone could give me a little help. Problem --> engine sounds fine unless the car is moving and your foot...

Electrical problems [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn my flashers on my temperature gauge goes to hot. And whem bright lights on the turn signals lights come on and when using turn signals the light blinks in opposite direction.plez help

'92 Civic electrical problem [ 1 Answers ]

The battery light has started to come on - the battery has checked out good with 12.6 volts with engine off and when running the battery stays the same 12.6 volts. Am I looking at an alternator problem or something in wiring for this problem?

94 honda civic problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 94 honda civic . The power locks do not work and the sun roof will close by it self. If I open the sun roof it will not stay open it will close by itself also does this have any to do with the power locks not working. Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search