Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    captain2681 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 08:49 PM
    2000 Honda civic EX Cab Light won't turn on when door is open
    I've been driving a 2000 Honda Civic Ex for about 6 months and just recently I noticed that the cab light won't come on when I open the door or unlock the doors with the remote. This problem came about unexpectedly and I have no clue as to why. It can be turned on manually (flip the switch) but well not turn on otherwise. The bulbs are good, I checked the fuses that I thought would be an issue, but nothing as worked. I even took apart the light, but nothing. Is there a switch that keeps the light off or is there a fuse I don't know about?

Kirk
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2007, 07:30 AM
    1. Test all under-hood and under-dash fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

2. Closely examine door switch. Remove rubber cover and spray with WD-40. If this doesn't solve the problem, check switch for continuity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 Honda Civic passed emissions test but failed MIL/Check Engine light [ 2 Answers ]

My 2000 Honda Civic EX had a smog test and it passed the emissions but failed the engine computer test, so they say. They told me to drive the car 30 to 40 miles so that the computer would reset. Sounds a bit strange to me to have to drive that many miles to reset the car computer after the...

Honda civic 2000 [ 1 Answers ]

I Hooked Up A Cd Player In My Honda Civic And The Dash Light Want Come On Check The Fuse That Was Not It

2000 Honda civic [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm new at this site I was actually looking for some tips on how to get my car stereo code for a 200 honda civic. My battery went dead and now I'm having problems I called the dealer but they want me to take it in. it was a used car and I don't live in the city I bought the car. I know there is...

2000 Honda Civic! [ 9 Answers ]

Thank you for reading.. I have an error code 1336 on a 2000 Honda Civic - I found it's a speed fluctuation sensor for rpm - or it's called a cfk? Anyway, it's misfiring on all cylinders codes and throws those codes on an OBDII and the 1336 code. Plugs and wires are new and Runs just fine for me...

2000 Honda Civic DX [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Car's engine light came on few days ago... AutoZone people showed me the following as trouble code: P0141 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2) They said problem is related with the oxygen sensor AFTER the catalytic converter and needs replacing... Im trying to...

View more questions Search