Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 06:28 PM
    95 honda del sol won't start
    I was in a fender bender a few months back that broke the radiator. Before I knew the radiator was broken I drove it home, and while it was not in gear it would rev up and down on its own. On the way home the temp was really high but it never stalled or broke down.a few months later after replacing the radiator it would start but would still rev up. The next time I tried to start it... nothin happened the car wouldn't turn over just a buzz sound would happen when I turn the key. The battery is fully charged and everything on the inside comes on.whats wrong
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Read sections A and B in the link below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ics-46563.html

The buzz could be the main relay or a problem originating in the ECM that's manifesting itself in the main relay (run the K-Test). It's best to run through the tests in the above link and see where it leads you.
    hiperf402 Posts: 106, Reputation: -1

Mar 18, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Number one rules for Hondas."DO NOT OVERHEAT THEM". Dude you could have any number of things wrong. Do the common sense things first. Make sure the engine isn't locking up. Make sure the starter is good. Jump the ignition feed to hot of battery. If it cranks, your problem is in the electrical part of ignition system. If it doesn't and buzzes, then you need to look at starter itself. You probably know in your heart what is wrong because problems like this don't just show up on Honda's. It is probably as you already know, related to the radiator busting and overheating engine. If the radiator busts, you shouldn't wait months to replace it unless you are absolutely NOT driving the car.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda civic del sol won't start [ 37 Answers ]

My 93 Honda civic del sol had been sitting in my driveway for a couple of months. After I charged the battery, I started my Honda and let it run. It ran For 20 minutes with no problem. It then stalled, when I attempted to start it again, it wouldn't start. The engin turns over but it just won't...

93 honda civic del sol [ 1 Answers ]

My engine uses one quart of oil every 250 miles. It has 175000 miles on it. Sparkplugs do not have black deposits on them. Compression appears to be good. Valves were checked by mechenic and seals were replaced. PCV system was removed and cleaned. There doesn't appear to be any major leaks. There...

Honda Del Sol 93 [ 4 Answers ]

My mileage is 90,000. My muffler is loud and the dealer suggested to have it replaced for $200. My maintenance on this car has been real minimal - what can I expect the lifespan of this car to be? I'm trying to see if it is worth it for the muffler. Thanks Theresa

93 Honda Del Sol won't START.. =[ [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 1993 Honda del Sol Si, I have a little problem with the ignition, I put the key in, and it beeps to let me know that the door is open, but there is a problem.. I can't turn the key, at ALL.. it won't turn a bit.. it is very solid in the keyhole, I have shaken the wheel, I have put it in...

Crx del sol won't start? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have got 1992 del sol,the problem is started two days ago when I took it to shopping went back to my car headlights side signal everything working but the engine wanted start.so I tried jump starting still nothing.so I left my car at the car park and went back to my car yesterday and tried...

View more questions Search