Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rwatchorn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2013, 09:04 AM
    Weak spark on 94 toyota
    My 94 toyota 2.2 stopped running I have checked all relays. Coil primary and secondary ohms. I have replace the TPS sensor and fuel pressure regulator. Fuel pump runs and pumps fuel when cranking and it activates when I jump terminal. I have notice that it has a weak spark. I have also replaced the capacitor/resister that connects to the positive side of the coil after finding it has the inside oozing out some kind of plastic material. It still won't start.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2013, 10:16 AM
    Replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil. Bench testing these components is virtually a waste of time.
    rwatchorn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2013, 06:49 AM
    Thank you, I will try that !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1989 honda weak spark ? [ 2 Answers ]

!989 Honda civic 1500 c.c won't start,very weak spark,at the spark plug.. Just replaced the whole distributor with a rebuilt one,new spark plugs,new Bosh wires and battery is fully charged,and even had jumpers hooked up for additional help,still weak spark.. Had car parked and unused for 4...

Yamaha FZR 91 weak spark [ 1 Answers ]

Bike started and went fine ,came back 10min later and won't start only cranks for ages then backfires ,it has a very weak spark now.:confused:

MTD mower, weak spark [ 4 Answers ]

MTD walk behind with Honda. Stopped to move something out of way and it wouldn't start. I checked the normal, fuel, spark, and only thing I noticed was spark started strong and then died down low. I checked using other plugs and verified the spark starts real strong then drops back. I'm using a...

Weak spark [ 3 Answers ]

Hi al again Had some trobble with my fuel p ump but sorted that out but now the car still won't start as there is a "week" spark from the leads. I got a second hand dizzy and replaced the cap and rotor. Also replaced plugs to no effect. Can anyone shed anylight on this? Kash

View more questions Search