Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tsbfarms Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2013, 05:51 PM
    Ford f350 diesel 2005
    My question is my ford started to loose the power to the gages and radio when driving down the road. Everything else stays on. Anybody able to help
    scott53715 Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Feb 8, 2013, 03:02 AM
    First suggestion, try wiggling the key in the ignition. Ford ignition switches are notorious for not making good contact (wearing badly) and the power for your gauges goes through the switch. A worn key could make this worse. If this works, replacing the switch will solve it.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2013, 06:42 AM
    Using a test light or multimeter, test for "power through the fuse" for all under dash and under hood fuses. It will likely reveal that the ignition switch is bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We have a 2005 F350 Ford Diesel What is causing black exhaust when towing RV [ 6 Answers ]

We have a 2005 Ford F350 diesel. What is causing black exhaust when we tow our RV

I have a 2005 Ford F350 6.0 Diesel It runs rough and has loss of power [ 5 Answers ]

2005 6.0 Diesel runs rough claking noise at idle pulsates and misses on highway and hard starting

Ford f350 2000 turbo diesel,is mixing diesel in to the cooling sistem [ 1 Answers ]

Ford f350 2000 turbo diesel,is mixing diesel in to the cooling sistem(with antifreeze) nothing with the oil.the engines is working properly.I remuved from the radiator one gallon of diesel.what kind of problem my truck has.

View more questions Search