Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cahall587 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2013, 12:45 PM
    95 civic 1.6L no spark
    New ignition coil
    Has fuel pressure
    Fuel pump primes and main relay clicks
    Did the igniter unit test and have power to blk/yel wirr.
    Also have battery voltage to wht/blu wire.
    When I check for continuity between yel/grn wire from ecu and blu wire from tach multimeter doesn't show anything.
    Possible short in both wires?

Also performed k test on map sensor connector and got 5 volts.

Any thing I could be missing?
    I appreciate your help.
    frankedwards Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2013, 01:14 PM
    If there is power on black and yellow it probably needs distributor. Its cheaper than the ignitor. Now if no power on yellow and green 6-12 volts ignitor bad but one more ck. Take cap off remove yellow green wire from blade on ignitor if voltage present with wire removed than ecm is grounding. So black yellow powersignitor 6-12 volts is a product of ignitor. And all tests with key on. But ignitors r just as pricy as distributor. That's all from memory. Im a master mechanic.

Feb 2, 2013, 01:45 PM
    I have no voltage to ylw/grn wire removed from igniter
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2013, 01:50 PM
    Replace the igniter. Testing them is pretty much a waste of time. If the problem persists, one or more internal sensors (CKP, TDC, or CYL) are likely bad. In this case, install your new igniter and coil in a genuine Honda distributor housing--all other aftermarket housings are unreliable. Aftermarket igniters and coils are fine; however, over 50% of new aftermarket distributor housings for Hondas have not worked at AMHD. Many of the remaining housings have been unreliable and problematic.

Feb 2, 2013, 01:50 PM
    The blade on ignitor has no voltage. Than it needs an ignitor. Like I said its cheaper to buy the whole distributor. I think an ignitor is around $250. So pop a whole unit in. And if it starts to ping when driving just turn distributor a little. You want it just before it pings so drive it hot. Turn a little till it pings under load then back it off till it goes away. It pretty full proof.

Feb 2, 2013, 01:52 PM
    And u will be fine with after market parts. Ive had some returns with the a-1 cardone but there r companies that make new ones
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2013, 06:20 PM
    Apply silicone heat transfer compound to the back of the new igniter.

Feb 8, 2013, 05:37 PM
    Popped the new distributor in a it started! Thanks guys for your help! I opened up my old one and the wires were pretty bad. Possible one or more sensor failures too. Its working though.

Thanks again, Cody
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2013, 05:52 PM
    Good job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 civic not getting spark. Help please [ 1 Answers ]

Went to start my 91 civic that has a 89 crx motor in it yesterday and it will crank but doesn't sound like I'm getting any spark. I am told by the auto store that it is either the ignitor or the coil. I thought the ignitor took the place of the coil. Shows how much I know. Any thoughts would be...

97 civic has no spark? [ 1 Answers ]

My 97 civic has been running fine up until today. I started my car and while I was letting it warm up, (about 5 minutes approximately) it died. So I started it up again and it ran fine. As I was backing up down the driveway to leave somewhere, I got to the stoplight by my house and just as I slowed...

93 civic no spark [ 1 Answers ]

One day I was driving home from work and all of a sudden my engine when from running all right to barely running at all... so much so that I barely made it to the side of the road. So, I checked what I could on the side of the road and figured out that there was no spark from the spark plugs, but...

Help I got no spark in my 93 civic [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 93 civic dx.. I was working on it today trying to see if I could find the cause of rough idle.. so I unpluged one wire I unpluged it and it idled down then died.. so I pluged it back in and went to start it up. No start, so I checked distrubiter and all plugs and am getting no spark. I...

View more questions Search