Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhernandez0950 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 08:00 PM
    1992 honda civic hesitating when driving
    I just swapped out a 1.6 to a 1.5 in my Honda civic. I am not getting any codes or any engine light on. The car seems to be running okay and idling good. But when I am driving and switching gears mainly in second gear the car starts hesitating like if I switched in to a higher gear but once it starts going then it s fine. I get the same problem sometimes in first gear on take off and through the rest of the gears if I put the throttle to far down it’ll start having that hesitation. But really noticeable going into second gear it seems like if I run the rpms to about 4-5000 before switching to second then it won't do it but anything under 3500prms then it starts hesitating until the rpms get back up then it goes back to normal. I thought that the clutch may be needs adjusting, but I don’t know why its doing this. Other then that the car is running great. Any help would be great. Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Thoughts:
    . Sounds like something electrical may be breaking down under load. Personally, I would check/install new NGK spark plugs, rotor, distributor cap, igniter, and coil. It shouldn't be too expensive, if you go to an outfit like RockAuto.com.
    . Check MAP Sensor--electrically and vacuum wise.
    . Check for vacuum leaks.
    . Check oxygen sensor--it may not be properly controlling the duration the fuel injectors are open, thus affecting the proper fuel mixture for a given rpm.
    . Check compression, including how it builds, on the new engine.
    . Check idle rpm and timing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 Honda Civic Won't Start [ 10 Answers ]

Hi - We Have A 1992 Honda Civic, Original Owners. A Few Weeks Ago While Driving The Car's Check Engine Light Came On Suddenly And Then Cut Off. Had To Have It Towed To A Car Dealership That Told Us It Would Be About 1200-1500 Dollars To Fix The Car, Because The Distributor And Ecu Was Bad. We...

1992 hesitating when driving [ 1 Answers ]

I just swapped out a 1.6 to a 1.5 in my Honda civic. I am not getting any codes or any engine light on. The car seems to be running okay and idling good. But when I am driving and switching gears mainly in second gear the car starts hesitating like if I switched in to a higher gear but once it...

Honda Civic 1992 hb si [ 1 Answers ]

Car was running fine but now all of sudden wouldn't start... got starter replaced now makes the noise wants to start but just won't kick over anybody got any ideas?? My e-mail I [email protected] thanks:confused: :confused: :confused: :( :( :(

1992 honda civic died on me [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. 3 weeks ago my civic began to mis and loss power for 2days.After driving it for about 20 minutes and reving the egine it ran normal. It smelled like something buning before the first 20 minutes of running.the third last time I drove it ,after 20minutes I reved the engine smelled like...

1992 Honda Civic LX will not start [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: When you turn the key nothing happens, doesn’t try to turn over, no clicking, nothing. All electrical devices are working fine (radio, lights, wipers), and the engine light doesn’t come on. This has happened before a couple of other times, but usually after trying a few times it does...

View more questions Search