Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhernandez0950 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 07:59 PM
    1992 hesitating when driving
    I just swapped out a 1.6 to a 1.5 in my Honda civic. I am not getting any codes or any engine light on. The car seems to be running okay and idling good. But when I am driving and switching gears mainly in second gear the car starts hesitating like if I switched in to a higher gear but once it starts going then it s fine. I get the same problem sometimes in first gear on take off and through the rest of the gears if I put the throttle to far down it’ll start having that hesitation. But really noticeable going into second gear it seems like if I run the rpms to about 4-5000 before switching to second then it won't do it but anything under 3500prms then it starts hesitating until the rpms get back up then it goes back to normal. I thought that the clutch may be needs adjusting, but I don’t know why its doing this. Other then that the car is running great. Any help would be great. Thanks
    civicracing369 Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Mar 17, 2007, 07:51 PM
    You should check your timing if your timing is too much in advance your car will fire to urly and cause a lack of power same principale for a retarded timing your timing.
    The timing for a d15b8 is 16 degres in advance and b7 12 degres or the other way around.
    Check that out should be a good bet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mazda Protégé 2000, Hesitating and stalling [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Mazda Protégé that after driving it for about 10 minutes staedy will start hesitating and when I stop at stop lights it boggs down and will cut off if I don't ride the clutch and gas. I have had it to 3 different mechanics and have had a mass airflow sensor and new air hose put on....

Driving to the basket help [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm 15 years old, 5.7 and 110lb. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice/tips on driving to the basket effectively during a game while being guarded. And please be specific because I would really practice it and appriciate it thanks :)

This is driving me crazy! [ 7 Answers ]

I don't remember the name of the movie, but it is driving me crazy!! It is form the 80's or 90's. It is about a little girl, and she steps through a mirror in her bedroom and goes to an animated land with little creatures. I think the little girl was brown headed, but I'm not sure. Any help would...

View more questions Search