Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ryan30wa Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2012, 07:49 AM
    1984 ranger gas tanks will not fill keeps shutting off gas pump
    So I baught this truck from a buddy for $50.00. He replaced both filler necks because someone cut them and stole his gas. First time driving it I went to the gas station to fill up the tanks. The rear tank will not take any fuel and it is empty the front tank took 5 gallons. Im thinking he didn't put the smaller inner hose on the neck and it is just hanging inside the larger hose causing me this issue. Any ideas anyone? These were brand new filler hoses from our parts house. I know I am going to have to take it all apart to figue it out.
    ryan30wa Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2012, 02:10 PM
    1984 ford ranger 4x4 filler neck
    If I remove the anti siphonhose from the filler neck can I still fuel up the truck? Its kinked and takes 6mins to put 1 gallon in it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas hot water tanks [ 2 Answers ]

Can the nat gas contol valve be easily replaced... and can the control valve be replaced with one other than the brand it was manufactured with?

My Yahamah Gas GOlf Cart around 1984 RUns for about 5 min, then stops... [ 1 Answers ]

Why will it run , then stop and will not run for awhile again... Please help?

Gas pump keeps shutting off on my 2004 GMC seiara pick up [ 0 Answers ]

Gas pump keeps shutting off

Not able to fill gas tank in car, nozzle keep"s shutting offf [ 4 Answers ]

When pumping gas from any service station into my car, the nozzle to the pump handle of the gas dipenser keeps shutting off. Usually, ever 5-10 sec. and it doesn't matter what angle the pump is in the tank or how hard I am pushing the nozzle into the tank to make a good seal.

View more questions Search