Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2012, 02:25 PM
    If all under hood and under dash fuses are good, particularly the ACG (ALT) (S) fuse in the under dash fuse box, and the ignition switch is okay, you should be getting close to the car starting.
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2012, 02:32 PM
    When you turn on the heater/ac, and the fuel pump primes, will the engine start afterwards? If not, I suspect the ignition switch or a fuse. You are very close to the car starting.
    jeyjhour Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2012, 02:39 PM
    No it still won't start it just cranks, the fuse are OK, I think it's the ignition switch but it looks new though.
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2012, 02:47 PM
    Did you install the same main relay (identical part no.) as originally came in the car? What caused you to replace the main relay?

Have you cleaned the main ECM ground, located on the thermostat housing?
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2012, 02:51 PM
    Wp
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2012, 03:36 PM
    Excellent Info, and Great flowchart for troubleshooting Hondas, and most other cars from TXGreasemonkey.
    If you have trouble accessing the back of the ignition switch, which is straight through and on the other side of the key switch, other side of steering column, then you can test above the Fuse Panel, 2 Plugs containing the Ignition wire colors mentioned earlier, whichever you can get too. Eliminating this test, will not eleminate any ignition switch problem.

Jun 4, 2012, 08:05 PM
    Is the pgm-fi main relay on the steering column or next to the emergency light dash? Can I resolder it?
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2012, 08:56 PM
    It's located to the right or the steering column. Turning the ignition switch on and off will help you locate the main relay, by allowing you to hear and feel it "click." Main relays often have 7 wires going to them.

It's best to install a new main relay every 120,000 miles or 10 years, whichever comes first.

Jun 4, 2012, 09:54 PM
    OK thanks, my brother bought this car new since 1994 then gave it to my dad on 2000 and then pass it to me on 2010 and never did change the ignition switch, when on hot days when the dash gets really hot does the ignition switch worn out?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John deere hydrostatic won't start but cranks [ 2 Answers ]

I have a John Deere mower that will crank but not start. I have cleaned the carbs and checked the spark on the plug, both are good. I tried putting a small amount of fuel in the cylinder and all I got was a small back-fire. Any thoughts?

74 chevy truck will turn over but won't start. Will start with starter fluid but won't [ 1 Answers ]

My 74 chevy pickup sat over the winter and now it won't start. I was running just fine before I let it sit. It turns over but won't start. If I use starter fluid, it will start but won't stay running. I don't smell gas in the carb either. I'm thinking it's the fuel pump or the filter. Problem...

my john deere z 425 won't start, it turns over but won't start [ 0 Answers ]

my john deere z 425 won't start, it turns over but won't start. I keep turning it over but it never cranks. It only has 150 hours on it

View more questions Search