Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hardrock_123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2012, 09:46 AM
    1998 honda accord no start
    1998 honda accord no start condition had computer check and repaired before computer repair noticed check engine light did not come on when key was turned on still have this condition have checked all fuses double checked that computer was flashed before shipped back to me. Engine turns over but does not start also have found that with ignition on and brake pedal pressed that you can not shift out of park have been able to do this in past.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 2, 2012, 11:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hardrock_123 View Post
    1998 honda accord no start condition. had computer check and repaired. before computer repair noticed check engine light did not come on when key was turned on. still have this condition. have checked all fuses. double checked that computer was flashed before shipped back to me. engine turns over but does not start also have found that with ignition on and brake pedal pressed that you can not shift out of park. have been able to do this in past.
    Who did your module repair? I've not heard of off-board programming for Hondas.
    Also, if you don't have a check engine light, you need to get that diagnosed for sure and then check into why the shift interlock is inoperative.
    What else has been done? How did you determine the computer was at fault and needed repaired?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 Honda Accord won't start [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 98 Accord LX that will not start. First, the car has been sitting for about 3 years, it had a warped head gasket and there was no compression in cylinder 3. So, we got that fixed, and changed the oil. So now tonight we attempted to start the car and it would not start..

1998 honda accord won't start? [ 1 Answers ]

It turns over and when you let ff thekeey it try's to start briefly checked timing and it all lines up

1998 honda accord will not start [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Honda accord lx, everything turns on lights, radio etc, I hear a click when I turn the ignition on but engine will not turn on. Could it be the battery or starter ? Not sure please help. :(

1998 Honda Accord will not start [ 2 Answers ]

1998 Honda Accord seems dead. It will not start or even turnover. This has happened before but then after awhile it would start

1998 Honda Accord Ex will not start sometimes [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Honda Accord Ex and it does not want to start all of the time . I went out of town and I had it towed away to a garage and they put a new fuel pump in it and it still does not want to start. I took it into the dealer and told them too look at the main relay since everyone is having...

View more questions Search