Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    feartthis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 08:40 PM
    2001 dodge ram overdrive problems
    Hello, I have a 01 ram sport and when I drive if it stays betweengears it revs up and down. Like its sgoin in and out of overdrive. I brought it to aamco and they ran the diagnostics on it. The guy told me that it was showing that the soleniod isn't working properley. I would like to know if the solenoid is something I can do. Im pretty hands on with my cars. But I won't touch internals. And also where it is located? Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2007, 08:53 PM
    If you haven't been changing your ATF and filter every 30,000 miles, the solenoid may be acting up because of varnish and sludge. First, try dropping and cleaning the pan, changing the filters, and refilling with Valvoline Synthetic ATF+4. You could also look into AutoRx, which will safely and effectively clean your transmission.

Personally, I would go to Autozone and have them attach a scanner to your DLC and see what codes they read. They will do it for free.
    GWJ1962 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2013, 12:13 PM
    I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.9L , it shifts fine but for some reason it will not go into OD it worked fine and then suddenly stopped working . Any suggestions ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Dodge Ram overheating [ 11 Answers ]

?? I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 that recently needed the water pump replaced. After replacement the truck kept overheating. I then took the liberty to replace the thermostat as well. I replaced the fan & clutch assembly as well. As far as hardware is concerned, that leaves only the radiator...

2001 Dodge Ram Oxy sensor [ 3 Answers ]

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4, 318 with Auto. My problem is that the check engine light keeps coming on, the trouble code is P0138 which should be the after Cat Oxy sensor. It is an intermitant problem that seems to happen more when it is wet. I have checked the wiring and can't seem to find any...

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Towing [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what the towing capacity is for a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 with a 360 and an automatic transmision? I bought it a few months ago and it didn't come with an owners manual.

Dodge Ram Overdrive Lockout [ 1 Answers ]

The lock-out indicator light in my 94' Dodge Cummins Diesel 2500 Ram pickup stays on and the transmission will not shift into overdrive. I have tried disconnecting the speed indicator and checked and cleaned all the electrical contacts. If I disconnect the lockout switch it still won't shift into...

01 dodge ram overdrive problems [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2001 dodge ram, my problem is that my engine light came on and stayed on a week ago, now for no reason my truck shifts in and out of overdrive, can anybody help, we need our truck we are a motocross family.

View more questions Search