Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justin30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2011, 03:49 PM
    2001pontiac grand am won't start
    My car stopped staring so I replaced fuel pressure regulator that did nothing the battery went dead so I charged it it started I drove home went to leave later it didn't start I had it towed into shop they said they changed fuel pump relay and checked all wire connections they got it to start I took it home, in the morning I went to leave it wouldn't start I gave it back to shop they did something with some computer ,they disconnected the battery ,hooked everything back up and had to turn key to accessory and wait to hear fuel pump engage and then it started every time but the radio read locked I took it home it ran about two weeks and quit so I replaced fuel pump,spark plugs,battery and got nothing (this whole time car would crank but not turn over) the reason I changed the pump is because it quit engaging ,now when I turn key to accessery the computer goes crazy door locks start going I called dealer and they said I have to bring it in because the car computer thinks It's being stolen so they have to reset it . What is wrong with my car
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2011, 04:06 PM
    At AMHD, we've seen a number of Pontiacs in the early 2000s that have had severe problems with the security system. Taking it to the dealer is the only thing you can do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

94 grand cherokee sometimes won't start [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 94 jeep grand cherokee 5.2 and when it sits for the weekend it won't start on Monday when its time to go to work. I am also having problems with the engine studdering at an idle. The check engine light will come on and its all I can do to keep it running. It smells like it is fluding when...

2001 grand am won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I did exactly what was posted by bdaved and it worked I'm so excited thank you I just paid 500 dollars for a fuel pump I didn't even need!! Not to mention an ignition switch the month before for 100!! Thank you thank you

Changed starter on my 98 grand am now it won't start.cranks over but won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I changed the starter on my 98 grand m with the 2.4 engine .now it won't start. Check all the fuses seems to be in order but won't fire up just cranks over

Pontiac Grand Am turns over but want start. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Pontiac Grand am went to start it. It started then shut off now won't start just turns over and won't fire. All codes checked out good don't know what to do next please help.

My 2002 grand am won't start [ 4 Answers ]

I just went to the store came out 10 min later and my car wouldn't start can someone help me

View more questions Search