Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lobo1966 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2011, 09:33 AM
    1985 chevy c-10 not firing
    I just purchased a 1985 C-10. The truck is strong (350 Mr. Goodwrench Motor) On day 1 I replaced the Alternator the truck ran good the rest of the day. On day to the truck started nicely took me 12 miles up the road and left me sitting (No Fire). I replaced the Ignition Module, Coil, Cap, Rotor, and the ESC box. The truck started right up and ran like a champ for 120 miles then it shut off again with all the same symptoms it had before. I'm getting juice to the Coil but nothing coming out. I'm disgusted and pleading for advice. Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2011, 12:39 PM
    I would suspect the Ignition Control Module (ICM). Was the ICM brand new or salvage? What brand?

. Clean the main ECM ground.

. Check for intermittent ECM failure.

. Check for power through all under hood and under dash fuses, using a test light or multimeter. In Texas, I encounter severe dirt and corrosion on under hood fuses--remove and clean with abrasive cloth.

. Check ignition switch for wear or pitting. It may be an intermittent issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vacume diagram 1985 chevy blazer [ 1 Answers ]

I can't figure out the way all the hoses go

Firing order 1994 chevy 1500 4.3 [ 0 Answers ]

What ia the firing order fir a 1994 chevy 1500 two wheel drive throttle body 4.3 liter truck

92 chevy 1500 pickup v6 firing order [ 1 Answers ]

What is the firing order for a 92 chevy 1500 pickup v6

The firing order for a 1994 chevy 350 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 94 chevy truck with a 350 engine I need to know the firing order of the engine and distributor.

View more questions Search