Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gbeggs Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2011, 08:22 PM
    Failure codes P0300, P0301, P0302, & P0303 1998 camry 2.2?
    I have these failure codes on a 1998 camry. It has very low power but idles fairly smooth. Timing belt and plug wires have less than 50k miles & all plugs (just changed) seem to have good spark. Vacuum gauge shows a steady 18 lbs. What is throwing me is the fact #4 cyl is not showing a misfire. Any help will be appreciated.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2011, 06:27 AM
    P0300--Random Misfire
    P0301--Misfire Cyl. 1 Or Random Misfire
    P0302--Misfire Cyl. 2 Or Random Misfire
    P0303--Misfire Cyl. 3 Or Random Misfire

. Ensure you are using the same NGK single platinum plugs that originally came in the car, gapping plugs to spec. (.044 inch). Lightly coat the porcelein portion of the plug and electrode with dielectric grease.

. Wipe spark plug wires down with a cloth and silicone spray.

. Replace coil, if the problem persists. Use dielectric grease on all connections.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overheating 1998 Camry [ 5 Answers ]

The temperature gage started fluctuating between midway up to the red zone yesterday while driving in traffic. At highway speeds it was still wavering, but not up to the red zone. Today I replaced the thermostat, but the temp is still unsteady. I noticed a little steam around the radiator cap...

Where is the bleeder valve on the 1998 camry? [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the bleeder valve on a 1998 camry? Or is there one to release the pressure for air after replacing a radiator?

1998 Camry, humming at 60 mph [ 5 Answers ]

My wife recently spun out and hit a snow berm. There was no damage to the body and it appears that the left rear tire took the majority of the impact. The tire ended up going flat and we threw on a full size spare. Over the next couple days we noticed a humming/vibrating sound that only happens...

Replacing the rear window in a 1998 camry [ 4 Answers ]

Does the new rear window get inserted from the outside of the door or the inside? Also, which end ges in first the right side(tappered end) or the square side?

View more questions Search