Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    immaculateclean Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2011, 04:03 PM
    Help finding problem with vehicle
    I have a 1994 Dodge Ram 1500 2 Wheel Drive pickup. When I drive the freeway and hit certain speeds my truck putts as if it is about to run out of fuel. I actually had to pull to the side once or twice because I couldn't gain speed. I thought it could be the fuel pump but it runs fine on the streets. Please help find what the problem could be. Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2011, 04:15 PM
    Has the fuel filter been changed in the last 25,000 miles?

Be sure to only use the same Champion spark plugs that originally came in the truck. I've seen severe problems when cross-reference plugs are used in Dodges.

Dec 11, 2011, 03:44 PM
    Thanks a lot for your response. I have considered the fuel filter but, the model, make and year truck that I have, you can only replace the filter if you replace the entire fuel pump. They don't sale the filter alone.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2011, 03:53 PM
    You don't have an inline fuel filter? Many older RAMS do.

Dec 12, 2011, 03:38 PM
    No, I don't think that I have an inline filter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Physics problem finding total work [ 1 Answers ]

A 0.626 kg particle has a speed of 2.05 m/s at point A and kinetic energy of 7.36 J at point B. I have figured out the kinetic energy at point A is 1.32 J and the speed at point B is 4.85 m/s. What I can't find is "What is the total work done on the particle as it moves from A to B? "

We need a vehicle [ 2 Answers ]

To whom it may concern me and my wife was both laid off work same job same time we have no extra money.is there any people out there who gives away vehicles.we had a vehicle at one time but we had to give it back couldn't afford it.thank you john schoonover

When asking about your vehicle [ 0 Answers ]

Help us help you. When you're asking about your vehicle, please include as much information as you can about your vehicle and it's options: Year, make, model, and engine are critical. Since some vehicles have more than one engine or transmission available, if you know, please let us know....

Have to have a vehicle [ 1 Answers ]

Need to put truck in on bankruptcy owe too much / upside down can't afford ,but I need a truck can I buy anouther truck before I file and not have to put it on the bankruptcy list ?

Finding quadratic eqaution from a word problem [ 1 Answers ]

A farmer uses 400m of fencing to create a rectangular pig pen and to divide it into four equal regions. Algebraically determine the function which gives the area of the pig pen as a function of its width, and state the dimensions that produce maximum area. How do I start this off.. can anyone...

View more questions Search