Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrisemond Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2011, 01:22 PM
    Starting problems in a 98 tercel
    How do you bypass the neutral start switch in a 98 toyota tercel? (automatic trans.)
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 9, 2011, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisemond View Post
    How do you bypass the neutral start switch in a 98 toyota tercel? (automatic trans.)
    It is not recommended to bypass safety items. If we tell you how to do a by-pass, you could attempt starting while in gear which could be a problem.
    Call around and find the best price on the switch itself and replace it so the vehicle will start properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 tercel starting problem [ 1 Answers ]

My 1998 toyota tercel sometimes won't start, there is power but when you turn the key nothing happens, not even solenoid clicking. Any suggestions?

Starting problems [ 2 Answers ]

My sons four wheeler has gas and spark but won't start. What should I check

Starting problems [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, We have a 1987 Regency RV with starting problems!. the battery charger says the house battery is 100% charged:)but when we go to start the rv... it doesn't start not even a click. But when we boost it from the booster it turns over, but won't start. Any suggestions as to what it may be?....

95 Toyota tercel.rapid clicking instead of starting [ 6 Answers ]

Last night on my way home, I noticed that everytime I stepped on the gas or the break that my radio would shut off. This also happened if I cranked up the AC or the heat. It sounded fine and made it home. This morning when i went to go start it just makes this rapid fire clicking sound and...

Toyota Tercel start up problems [ 2 Answers ]

My 96 Tercel has an occasional start up problem. As I turn the key to start it, there is a momentary sound "jhing"... and then nothing happens. The panel lights remain ON. I have to try several times before it starts. I have had this problem 3 times over the last 2 weeks. The engine is in good...

View more questions Search