Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Garcia121491 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2011, 02:48 PM
    Honda civic 94 Ex I have spark and fuel pump is working but it just won't start
    Hi I have a 1994 Honda civic Ex that I just recently bought at a auction.. I really needed a car for school. I just spent my savings on this car so I have to try and fix it myself.. I've tested the spark plugs by unplugging them and checking if there was spark and there was.. I've disconnected the fuel pipe thingy in the motor to see if fuel was passing I cranked the car and yes fuel pump is working.. Does anybody know what it could be? Any help will be highly appreciated THANK YOU
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2011, 03:40 PM
    If the Check Engine Light comes on for 2 seconds and then goes out, when the ignition switch is turned to ON (Position II), then focus on the distributor. Usually, replacing the igniter and coil solves the problem. If the problem persists, install the new igniter and coil in a new genuine Honda distributor housing, since the internal sensors often go bad.

Dec 8, 2011, 09:33 PM
    Thanks for the help.. But I have another question because my cousins Honda wouldn't start and it was the coil but he actually had no spark from the spark plugs.. Mine actually has some spark I don't know how strong the spark it's suppose to be but it does have some spark I did the whole disconnect and put a screwdriver connected to the wire right above the spark playg and there was some spark.. Do you still think it could be that?
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2011, 07:45 AM
    Yes, it should be a solid blue spark. Failing ICMs can even spark but at the wrong time or erratically. They need to spark exactly when directed by the ECM. I recommend replacing these problematic components every 120,000 miles or 10 years, whichever comes first.

Dec 9, 2011, 09:01 AM
    Ok I will go on and replace the whole igniter coil and distributor and hopefully this solves my problem.. Thank you so much for your help : )
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2011, 09:03 AM
    Go with a genuine Honda distributor--all others are suspect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 honda civic ex won't start unless run battery direcly to fuel pump [ 1 Answers ]

93 honda civic ex won't start unless run battery direcly to fuel pump and ground to a relay

1992 honda civic won't start, and has spark, and fuel. Can someone holp [ 3 Answers ]

My brother's honda was running fine and just died with him. It will spin over but will not start, it has spark on every wire and fuel. I don't understand , can someone please help me with some wisdom. Thanks

92 honda civic no fuel or spark [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 92 civic and it just died on me thers no spark or fuel. I have checked all fuses And the timming belt they are all good can some-one please help me

1990 honda civic gets fuel +spark runs fine when it starts but turn off won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I drive a 1990 honda civic ex 1.6 OK here goes sometimes it will start and run perfect no problems but it seems like when it gets hot or you drive for 30 minutes or so you turn it off and go back to start it and all it does is crank when it does this it is getting spark and gas I have replaced fuel...

View more questions Search