Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MotorHead1609 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2011, 02:18 PM
    '89 Honda Accord Cylinder Head
    I'm trying to get the cylinder head off my '89 Honda Accord and I'm to the point where I should be able to take it off, but here's the problem. Even with all the bolts out, the cylinder head won't budge. Keep in mind I have to take the intake manifold AND the exhaust manifold off with the cylinder head because there are bolts that are to difficult to get to with it all in there. If there's anyone who can help me, I could really use some advice. Please and thank you.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2011, 03:55 PM
    Intake and exhaust manifold bolts must all be removed, along with the timing belt. There are likely alignment pegs that are keeping it from moving laterally. Hit it with a mallot a number of times and carefully pry it up with a screwdriver or small pry bar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 honda accord Lx 4 cylinder cranks but won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Why would a 1998 honda accord lx 4 cylinder crank and almost start but go back to cranking and then choke because I have tried to start the car a couple of times and all I hear is it cranking almost starting and then choke and the lights will dim when it chokes and then I will smell some smoke.

1993 honda accord slave cylinder location [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the clutch slave cylinder located on a 1993 honda accord LX

Trouble shooting idling/ cylinder head for 92 honda civic 1.5L [ 1 Answers ]

I have an idle problem with my 92 civic dx 1.5L auto. Just had it fixed with a new IACV, new timing belt, tune up. Car ran fine when I got it back. Took it on the freeway and when I got off the engine started to shake when Im stopped. Drives fine but when I stop it feels like it wants to die. Had a...

98 honda accord lx 2.3 4 cylinder single vtec [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.. I own a 98 accord lx.. the idle fructuate up and down, for the life of me I can't seem to get the it fix right, 3 people tell me three different things. I have check for leeks in the vacuum hose- no leak. Changed out--- all new hoses. I have change the idle air control valve sensor--...

2000 Honda Accord 4-cylinder [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Honda Accord 4-cylinder. The lights on my dash clock and my odometer (as well as low fuel light) are not lit up. Also when I use my door lock alarm, it does not beep anymore when I lock the doors. Could it be a fuse and what and where is the fuse I am going to need to replace?

View more questions Search