Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scootertrashbc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2011, 08:10 PM
    93 civic intermittent hard start.
    Vehicle sometimes doesn't want to start after driven and sits for 15min or so. After cranking for awhile smells like gas. When it does start runs fine. It has a coolant temp sensor code. Help
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2011, 06:26 AM
    Replace the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor. It has 2 wires going to it. Drain coolant to just below the sensor and replace. Easy job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1993 Civic Si starts intermittent start [ 3 Answers ]

One day, the 93 Civic Si failed to start. CEL stayed on and the engine cranked but no start. Left it on the driveway for 2 days. When I went to start it on the third day, the car started on the first attempt. Drove it for about 7 miles, turned it off and tried to start it the next day. It did not...

1999 Honda civic ex. Very hard to start. When it does start it idles real low (400 are. [ 1 Answers ]

1999 Honda civic ex. Very hard to start. When it does start it idles real low (400 r.p.m.) If u accelerate real, real slow it will rev up. If u accelerate normal it will die. Even if u are in park u can't rev quickly. When it dies it will diesel. Honda shop recommend a coil. Replaced it - didn't...

91 honda civic.intermittent start [ 2 Answers ]

I have done enough research to determine that my 91 honda civic sedan is in need of a "relay" switch because it doesn't start during hottest part of the day on first try but will after I try a few times then wait then try again. My question: Is the relay switch which I think is behind the left...

89 civic randomly dies... Hard to restart. Intermittent problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 89 civic 1.5L 4door manual. It will randomly die while driving - doesn't matter if engine is at 3,000rpm going 50mph or 600 stopped at a light. Sometimes it'll start right back up, other times it'll take 5 minutes of cranking to get it to go again. the 2 weeks prior, I would get...

Help my 93 civic is hard to start [ 9 Answers ]

OK I have a 93 honda civic with a d15b7 engine in it and sometimes it starts fine and other times it doesent want to start at all,I just put brand new ngk sparks plugs in it the other day but its still doing it can someone help me out please?

View more questions Search